Scientists teach drones to hunt down humans by their screams.

Here is what I need for you to do. Think about the evil that can be done with this. Now think of how our gov could use this to attack American citizens. Yeah, it might be that they use it on white supremacists or some other right wing domestic terrorist group one day... but who is to say that they won't come after leftwing groups the next day.

I need for you to put down your blue/DNC pom-poms and think about how dangerous this is. You should not be so trusting of govt.

Here is what I need for you to do. Think about the evil that can be done with this. Now think of how our gov could use this to attack American citizens. Yeah, it might be that they use it on white supremacists or some other right wing domestic terrorist group one day... but who is to say that they won't come after leftwing groups the next day.

I need for you to put down your blue/DNC pom-poms and think about how dangerous this is. You should not be so trusting of govt.

Not blue, not DNC. I keep saying that...

I thought he was speaking against it? Or did I misread

Reactions: LouderVol
Why even create something like this? With the kind of advanced imaging and facial recognition software that can be put into these drones, it doesn’t make much sense to me, unless they’re wanting to use them against innocent civilians.

Edit: I actually came up with a use: riot control. But that’s about it. This technology could easily be abused.

Last edited:
Reactions: lukeneyland
Why even create something like this? With the kind of advanced imaging and facial recognition software that can be put into these drones, it doesn’t make much sense to me, unless they’re wanting to use them against innocent civilians.
Does no one remember how Toyotas would accelerate, while refusing operator input for brakes, transmission disengagement or even turn the car off? Never got an answer for how that happened.

Reactions: lukeneyland

Edit: I actually came up with a use: riot control. But that’s about it. This technology could easily be abused.

The intended use is to find people trapped in rubble. Hard to see their faces under collapsed drywall and housing frames.

The intended use is to find people trapped in rubble. Hard to see their faces under collapsed drywall and housing frames.
I guess it could be used for that but There are better ways of achieving this that doesn’t require the person having to scream. There has been research into using specialized radars to see through walls and detect vital signs. Now the engineering difficulty of mounting a system like this to a drone would be high but not impossible.

Human Vital Signs Detection Methods and Potential Using Radars: A Review - PubMed

Seeing through walls

I guess it could be used for that but There are better ways of achieving this that doesn’t require the person having to scream. There has been research into using specialized radars to see through walls and detect vital signs. Now the engineering difficulty of mounting a system like this to a drone would be high but not impossible.

Human Vital Signs Detection Methods and Potential Using Radars: A Review - PubMed

Seeing through walls
However, this technology I could also see being easily abused.

VN Store

Back