Scoring question

89hoss

Was not there so i can't say too much but how do you end up with a 95 - 71 score in a spring game. Can i get an honest assessment of the game and what did you see that was promising? Also what was the scoring system for the game? You know how alabubba fans and auby toomers like to clown on stuff.

They awarded points for first downs three and outs turnovers over twenty yard runs lots of stuff like that on top of the regular scoring such as touchdowns and field goals.

Was not there so i can't say too much but how do you end up with a 95 - 71 score in a spring game. Can i get an honest assessment of the game and what did you see that was promising? Also what was the scoring system for the game? You know how alabubba fans and auby toomers like to clown on stuff.

Promising: Alden Hill, Corey Vereen, Cody Blanc, fan enthusiasm

Concerning: Peterman, O line blocking, posters who are actually drawing conclusions from what I've written here.

Reactions: 1 person

Very poor defenses.

Looking forward to the season and all the new excitement!! I like it when auby and bubba dog you out because they are worried about what may happen with a real coach.

The scoring system was a bit confusing but as usual the bama guy doesnt know what he is talking about.

Scoring Plays – Offense
Touchdown – 6 points
Extra Point – 1 point
Field Goals – 3 points
First Down – 2 points
+20 Yard Pass – 2 points
+15 Yard Rush – 2 points
Fourth Down Conversion – 2 points

Scoring Plays – Defense
Touchdown – 6 points
Turnover – 6 points
Three & Outs – 4 points
Fourth Down Stop – 3 points
Missed Field Goal – 3 points
Blocked Field Goal – 3 points
Drive Stop – 2 points
Pass Break Up, Tackle For Loss, Sack – 1 point

** – Multiple scores can be recorded on a single play**

The scoring system was a bit confusing but as usual the bama guy doesnt know what he is talking about.

Scoring Plays – Offense
Touchdown – 6 points
Extra Point – 1 point
Field Goals – 3 points
First Down – 2 points
+20 Yard Pass – 2 points
+15 Yard Rush – 2 points

Scoring Plays – Defense
Touchdown – 6 points
Turnover – 6 points
Three & Outs – 4 points
Drive Stop – 2 points

This system looks like Yahoo's version of fantasy football.

Scoring Plays – Offense
Touchdown – 6 points
Extra Point – 1 point
Field Goals – 3 points
First Down – 2 points
+20 Yard Pass – 2 points
+15 Yard Rush – 2 points

Scoring Plays – Defense
Touchdown – 6 points
Turnover – 6 points
Three & Outs – 4 points
Drive Stop – 2 points

Not stepping on your toes, this looks like I remember, however I think the defense got 13 points for a touchdown? Please forgive, if I'm wrong.

Its great to be a Tennessee vol

Not stepping on your toes, this looks like I remember, however I think the defense got 13 points for a touchdown? Please forgive, if I'm wrong.

Probably the 6 for the touchdown, 6 for turnover, and 1 for XP.

I was actually thinking the same thing so you may be right. This is what I found printed.

Scoring Plays – Offense
Touchdown – 6 points
Extra Point – 1 point
Field Goals – 3 points
First Down – 2 points
+20 Yard Pass – 2 points
+15 Yard Rush – 2 points

Scoring Plays – Defense
Touchdown – 6 points
Turnover – 6 points
Three & Outs – 4 points
Drive Stop – 2 points

That makes a lot of sense for the format they used for the O & W game. Thanks

I will be glad when we have the depth to do a traditional 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 game.

I understand the last 14 points scored by the orange team were accumulated by manifesting good hygiene technique during the post shower celebration. Sounds like the defense is already rounding into form.

Honestly. I didn't mind the layout. When you look at it in the sense of it is set up to score outcomes of plays instead of being a football game score, it makes sense.

The O&W...while called a game, really isn't. It is a show for the fans as well as another day of practice for the team.

On the other hand...I could just be a complete idiot in which case my assessment is completely worthless.

I'll let you decide. :)

Honestly. I didn't mind the layout. When you look at it in the sense of it is set up to score outcomes of plays instead of being a football game score, it makes sense.

The O&W...while called a game, really isn't. It is a show for the fans as well as another day of practice for the team.

On the other hand...I could just be a complete idiot in which case my assessment is completely worthless.

I'll let you decide. :)

This is exactly right. Very little can be determined about a team by the spring game.

Yes and Yes.... I'm afraid scoring will be the question for 2013....offense will struggle...I see a few SEC games close in the 1st half with a scrappy defense, but our lack of talent at the skill positions and lack of depth will rear it's ugly head in the second half. I can see only 1-2 SEC wins this year. A 4 win season is entirely possible, but I'll go out on a limb and predict another 5-7 season.

VN Store

Back