SCOTUS Rules of Bringing Lawsuits Against Individual Officials

There should be thousands of lawsuits that should be filed Monday morning, especially in democrat led cities and states

We could file against our Mayor as he caused us to be down over $50K this year. (We will not, but we could)

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and GSD82
Not sure I like it. You are just suing yourself for damages that the citizen has to pay. Settlements galore like the corporate suits and everybody else pays.

Not sure I like it. You are just suing yourself for damages that the citizen has to pay. Settlements galore like the corporate suits and everybody else pays.

No this allows us to sue them individually, meaning they would be on the hook for any award.

No this allows us to sue them individually, meaning they would be on the hook for any award.
So reading the opinion it sounds like yes the agents are sued individually but the government pays the damages.

I don’t read it as a civil case where a person whom committed fraud loses the protection of their LLC. Might be wrong.

Reactions: AM64
So reading the opinion it sounds like yes the agents are sued individually but the government pays the damages.

I don’t read it as a civil case where a person whom committed fraud loses the protection of their LLC. Might be wrong.

I misread it then, I assumed that if you could sue the individual they would be liable for damages.

I misread it then, I assumed that if you could sue the individual they would be liable for damages.
I don’t read it that way but what the hell do I know. 🤷‍♂️

What you are describing is how fraud works. In the execution of their duties if an LLC officer commits fraud they are not protected by the LLC

Incorrect. In many instances government insures not just itself but also its employees. And tax dollars pay the premiums.

Incorrect. In many instances government insures not just itself but also its employees. And tax dollars pay the premiums.

Then I retract my earlier “good” post. If the individual .gov employee still can’t be held liable for damages what difference does this ruling make?

Reactions: AM64
Then I retract my earlier “good” post. If the individual .gov employee still can’t be held liable for damages what difference does this ruling make?

Plaintiff's lawyers make more money and file more lawsuits.

VN Store

Back