Scrimmage

From utsports.com:

Vols Conclude Second Week With 90-Minute Scrimmage
UT to resume practice March 29 following Spring break

March 17, 2005

Tennessee reached the one-third mark in its 15-date spring practice schedule after conducting a 90-minute scrimmage Thursday at Neyland Stadium. Head coach Phillip Fulmer felt the Vols ended on a positive note heading into their spring-break layoff.

"The defense certainly set the tempo throughout the scrimmage," Fulmer said. "After five days of practice, that's probably what you would expect. Defense is about being aggressive, flying around and making plays, and we kind of did all those things pretty well.

"Offense is about continuity and execution and that takes time. Up front, we're so young with the guys we have practicing that they don't understand yet what it takes to play in this league. Some of them are out there dancing and waltzing, but I know it's not a natural thing to go out there and violently run into somebody."

Fulmer named Omar Gaither, Jason Mitchell, Jon Poe, Ellix Wilson, Roshaun Fellows, Bret Smith, Robert Meachem, Brent Schaeffer, Jonathan Hefney and David Yancey as players who performed especially well Thursday.

"Spring is about finding players," Fulmer said. "It's not necessarily about scoring touchdowns and making interceptions.

"But Omar Gaither has made a lot of plays for us. I think he's had four of five interceptions in spring practice. He knows the system very well and is listening a lot better. He's playing like a senior."

The Vols are idle until March 29 because of the university's spring break. The Orange and White Game takes place April 16 at Neyland Stadium.

Glad to read that big Omar is picking up where he left off. He is going to be big this year, I can feel it. :good:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 18, 2005 12:24 AM
Glad to read that big Omar is picking up where he left off. He is going to be big this year, I can feel it. :good:

Yeah, but he's gotta watch those 15-yard penalties he had a bit of a problem with toward the end of the year! :nono:

the video looks like the defense is hitting hard!! the hands on ohmar on the INT is awesome.

who was that free safety that filled the hole so fast and hard? #8 or #9?

anyone hear about the freshman?

i hope the breakout year and secret weapon is robert meachem.

Originally posted by surrealvol+Mar 18, 2005 12:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (surrealvol @ Mar 18, 2005 12:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orangewhiteblood@Mar 18, 2005 12:24 AM
Glad to read that big Omar is picking up where he left off.  He is going to be big this year, I can feel it.  :good:

Yeah, but he&#39;s gotta watch those 15-yard penalties he had a bit of a problem with toward the end of the year&#33; :nono: [/quote]
So does Parys Haralson......You remember he really hurt us this year in the Auburn game :bad: He&#39;ll not make the same mistake this year when we make it though :clap:

Omar just had one personal foul the whole year didn&#39;t he? I think it was in the Vandy game when he knocked the piss out of Vandy&#39;s QB and stood over him.

LMFAO......I remember that...I believe that was the only one he got all year as well.....I believe Vandy&#39;s QB was seeing orange and white 44&#39;s in his dreams that night LOL

If Omar would have hit him a little harder, Cutler (is that his name?) wouldn&#39;t have passed for 8000 yards that day.

I agree with you Charly......They make calls like that when a guy shows emotion and acts like he mugged the guy....Emotion is part of the game and they try to take that out...It&#39;s pathetic

Originally posted by milohimself@Mar 18, 2005 9:52 PM
Or maybe if our whole defense played as good as Tennessee defense should be? I dunno.

Well, our defense wasn&#39;t going to do that. So you have to go with the next best option.

VN Store

Back