Search Down To Final Four?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
UT Coach Search Down to Final-4

As 16 NCAA teams continue with their quest to the final four, our ut insider brent hubbs says it looks like Tennessee is down to its final four head basketball coaching candidates...

On that list, Alabama Birmingham's Mike Anderson, who like Dana Altman of Creighton, has spoken with Tennessee...Altman has coached the Wildcats for 11-seasons--
T he other guys are Bruce Pearl of Wisconsin Milwaukee, and Bobby Lutz of UNC Charlotte... All four coaches took their respective teams to this years' big dance... Pearl's Panthers are still alive...

Now as far as Bobby Knight goes...Brent says there still may be some interest on the part of Tennessee, but he's not so sure coach Knight feels the same way or if he'd even interview with the vols...he can't do anything until his Red Raiders finish the season--and that could happen as early as Thursday night.

Well, it's getting interesting :dunno: I guess....

Well, It seems that TN is taking the safe (ho-hum) route to fill half of TBA. They say Knight is too old. I guess he wasn't too old last week. My guess is that somebody woke Dickey up and he gave Hamilton his famous speech on the value of BB mediocrity. Or maybe the feud between the rich and the righteous got too hot for Haslam and he didn't want to take the heat for replacing the saint with a sinner. Forget that it has anything to do with basketball. The only gig that could fill TBA now would be Pearl IMO. I just hope that the righteous don't find out that he's Jewish...oh well, Monster truck season at TBA could be exciting next year!

VN Store

Back