Sec Basketball Tournament

ukvols

Anyone making it down to Atlanta? This will be my first conference tourney. Go Vols!

Nope, can't say that I am. I am not into short trips. Hope you travel safe though and enjoy the game........

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 8, 2005 12:26 PM
Nope, can't say that I am. I am not into short trips. Hope you travel safe though and enjoy the game........

Considering we haven't won the thing in 26 years and haven't even made the finals in 14 years: NO.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 8, 2005 3:42 PM
Considering we haven't won the thing in 26 years and haven't even made the finals in 14 years: NO.

Yeah, but this is the year Freak. Scooter thought they could win it all! :blink:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Mar 8, 2005 4:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Mar 8, 2005 4:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Mar 8, 2005 3:42 PM
Considering we haven&#39;t won the thing in 26 years and haven&#39;t even made the finals in 14 years: NO.

Yeah, but this is the year Freak. Scooter thought they could win it all&#33; :blink: [/quote]
:cross: Got a better chance than they did in 1991.

He lets give them a chance. We just need to win four straight. Maybe we can get lucky. I mean we did beat LSU and Florida this year. If we can put some good defensive games and just belive in ourselves, then just maybe.................................. nah.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Mar 8, 2005 4:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Mar 8, 2005 4:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Mar 8, 2005 3:42 PM
Considering we haven&#39;t won the thing in 26 years and haven&#39;t even made the finals in 14 years: NO.

Yeah, but this is the year Freak. Scooter thought they could win it all&#33; :blink: [/quote]
Scooter? :lol: At least he should be rested.

this is what is going to happen. Lofton and Scooter are going to dominate the tournament with threes. Then in the Final game there both going to be in toruble wiht fouls. Everything is going to look bad when we are down by two with .8 seconds to go. Then Crump gets the ball at half court and launches a prayer. Swish.................. the vols win, the vols win. Everyone goes crazy. The fans break the rules about running on to the court and celebrate.

AND YOUR 2005 SEC CHAMPIONS ARE THE TENNESSEE VOLS.

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 8, 2005 7:42 PM
this is what is going to happen. Lofton and Scooter are going to dominate the tournament with threes. Then in the Final game there both going to be in toruble wiht fouls. Everything is going to look bad when we are down by two with .8 seconds to go. Then Crump gets the ball at half court and launches a prayer. Swish.................. the vols win, the vols win. Everyone goes crazy. The fans break the rules about running on to the court and celebrate.

AND YOUR 2005 SEC CHAMPIONS ARE THE TENNESSEE VOLS.

vols2345...wake up....wake up. You are dreaming. :p

Hate to burst your balloon there vols2345 but let&#39;s say we do beat Arkansas..We have to play UK in the next round....Don&#39;t like our chances LOL

We can&#39;t be negative here. If we stay positve, Maybe god will se just how much we want them to win and maybe bless our team for 5 or 6 games. even if we made it, we would be a 15 or 16 seed. could you imagine a 1 or 2 seed looking to see they have to play us the first round. I would be half pissed half nervous. we are a very dangerous team and at any night we can beat anyone. I say lets take it to them in the sec tournament BABY. WOOOO HOOOO CAN&#39;T WAIT. LETS GET IT DONE BIG ORANGE. for buzz petersons sake that is.

I thought you wanted Buzz gone? Ok if you want to be positive about it...I&#39;m positive we will beat Arkansas and get put out by UK....I mean we can only do so much....Lofton will be the key to winning any games..sure if he gets hot and gets some help we might be able to win it but what are the odds of us winning it?? I would love to see us win the tournament but let&#39;s be realistic....We don&#39;t have a very good chance at doing it

Oh don&#39;t get me wrong I want Buzz gone, I don&#39;t think he has any control on our basketball team while their on the court. He has no emotion, kinda like Tyrone Willingham. But I don&#39;t want our basketball team to lose. I want to get to the tournament. I want it so bad its not even funny. I have to listen to all of these florida fans talk about how they just knocked of kentucky and on and on and on. Its getting ridiculous. So I&#39;m going to be positive about it, but if we lose, at least football is only 178 days away.

I think we can all agree that the Vols have a good chance against Arkansas. UK has little to play for, just their tournament seed. If the Vols make it to Saturday and avoid a letdown, anything&#39;s possible. Get by UK, and the whole thing is wide open. Yeah, winning Friday is a longshot, but not impossible.

If they could put together two WHOLE games against Arkie and UK, they have a chance. It is a small one, but it is still a chance. You never know how things are going to turn out in the SEC tournament.

That is about as positive as I can be about our team. :thumbsup:

Check out that link above. That team barley put together 1 game in there first 8. If they can win there tournament, so can we.

VN Store

Back