SEC Championship Odds (as of March 3rd)

Issue is that we got that big game Wednesday night. We haven't locked it up until we win that game because South Carolina can steal it from Tennessee.

Obviously I want to win out, that's the "easiest" plan. But I would love if Alabama lost Tuesday night and makes it so if we win Wednesday then the UK game is meaningless from a title perspective.

I still want to skull drag UK though.
I want to lock up the championship and then start our walk ons against Kentucky just to show them how much we respect them as a program. 😂

We’re going to spank their taints. Sc jr is gonna receive it dry on Wednesday lol

Agreed. Play the Aidoo and Awaka combo as much as possible with ZZ, Knecht and Vescovi/Gainey. That's a brutally physical lineup that can have JJJ or Mashack as subs for Awaka and Estrella for Aidoo.

Plenty of offense, defense and physicality on the floor at all times. Does rely on being smart with fouls.

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee
Obviously I want to win out, that's the "easiest" plan. But I would love if Alabama lost Tuesday night and makes it so if we win Wednesday then the UK game is meaningless from a title perspective.

I still want to skull drag UK though.
That’s where I am. Clinch the outright title on Wednesday, then go into the Kentucky game with no pressure….which is a luxury they’ll already have. Just play to beat Kentucky on Senior Night. That’s motivation enough.

That’s where I am. Clinch the outright title on Wednesday, then go into the Kentucky game with no pressure….which is a luxury they’ll already have. Just play to beat Kentucky on Senior Night. That’s motivation enough.
I don’t think Kentucky has that luxury. They’re big time playing for seeding. I could see them being anyone from a 3 to a 6 seed depending on how they close. A win in Knoxville would be a big feather in their hat.

Reactions: beamerman
Agreed. Play the Aidoo and Awaka combo as much as possible with ZZ, Knecht and Vescovi/Gainey. That's a brutally physical lineup that can have JJJ or Mashack as subs for Awaka and Estrella for Aidoo.

Plenty of offense, defense and physicality on the floor at all times. Does rely on being smart with fouls.
Also, last time DK scored just 13 points, he followed it up with 37. ;) bet he fuggs around and has himself a game.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I want to lock up the championship and then start our walk ons against Kentucky just to show them how much we respect them as a program. 😂
Sorry but what a loser mentality

Id rather go for the sweep and we are still playing for a 1 seed and 1 seeds have double the odds of making the FF

I’ll point this out. I think we win against USCjr, but if we don’t we can still win the outright SEC reg season championship. Right now USCjr and Alabama are 1 game behind us. Say we lose to USCjr. That makes a 3 way tie for first place, however that leaves USCjr having to win at the hump against a Mississippi State team who is desperate for another signature win for their tournament resume. Then you got Alabama on the road at a red hot Florida. I think these last 2 games for each team definitely favors Tennessee, because we get Kentucky at home to end the season. That’ll be a tough game too, but we shouldn’t lose at home. That being said I hope we leave no doubt and just win the last 2 games, but it’s not the end of the world if we lose to South Carolina.

Reactions: volbound1700
Sorry but what a loser mentality

Id rather go for the sweep and we are still playing for a 1 seed and 1 seeds have double the odds of making the FF
Who tf are you? 😂

People who call others losers unprompted on the internet are usually the biggest losers out there. You’re no exception.

Carolina plays a grind it out style of basketball, they want to keep the games in the 60’s. They will run each possession for the most part under 10 seconds before they look to score. Contrast that to Bama looking to score within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock. They make you guard for the entire 30 seconds of the possession. They will be difficult to defend because of their style of play. First go around, we played pretty bad and Barnes did not have one of his best games. There was a stretch in that game where Mashack got matched up with Powell and he bullied us in the paint. Don’t think Barnes will experiment like that this go around. Hope we can find a way to speed them up and not let them dictate tempo in this game. We need a good start Wednesday night. Paris is a lock for SEC Coach of the year. Excellent job of coaching, they were picked dead last by the media in pre-season. Hope we can go in there and tough out a win. Awaka and Aidoo need to show out Wednesday. Go Vols!

Reactions: volbound1700

True but the Tournament Committee would notice the loss. Based on history, the Conference Tournaments seem more like a joke to the committee and have rarely been considered.

Reactions: Rockytop10nessee

VN Store

Back