SEC Championship

volunteer27

Vol4life
Will Brent Schaeffer play in the championship game?
I believe he will, did anyone happen to notice that he was dressed out
on th sidelines. I hope that was a good sign! :clap:

The good news for BS is that the broken collar bone was on his non throwing shoulder. It may still effect his motion, but there may be hope.

I believe that Fulmer has indicated that Clausen will be his starter for that game and if he can get Brent in for a few plays he will. But he is not sure.

Anyone get the idea that Phil and company don't want AU to know if BS is playing or not? It wouldn't hurt us if they had to take time to prepare for both QBs. :D

Attachments

• band_4764.jpg
    band_4764.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2
Personally I'm a little more worried about the defense than whether Schaefer is going to play.

I say we rotate QB's each play between Slick Rick, Brent, and Jim Bob Cooter.

:thumbsup:

Just joking.

Brent's athleticism is an element that AU will need to prepare for. I had been saying that Rick needs the ground game and stiff defense to be effective because he's good at not making mistakes as long as he's not in the position to make the plays to win the game. But against UK he was in that position because the D wasn't up to par. I have a little more confidence in him heading into the SECCG.

But none of this will matter if the D deosn't show up. We have to stop Williams and Brown and Campbell, and that's a tall task. We must run and use a smart passing game to keep their D off guard and move the ball and burn the clock, keep it out of their hands.

The first start of Ainge career at UT came against AUburn in the first meeting. UT got down early and Schaffer was moved to the "After thought" category after UT kept Ainge in because of his passing ability.

AU just hasnt seen much of Schaffer (he had started the first 3 games BEFORE Auburn). He might be an effective weapon, if he's healthy.

Considering it was freakin' Auburn, Ainge did pretty well that game. Auburn is allowing below ten points a game. Hell, even the mighty David Greene didn't do a whole lot better against the Tigers than Erik.

I'm sure Schaeffer will play in some sort of a dual-QB system with Rick....who knows, but I dont think that Phil wants him taking all the snaps....dont want a reinjury

Shaeffer is cleared to start practicing today. Fulmer stated that if Shaeffer can practice that he will play some against Auburn.

hopefully he will do well enough this week to play significant time...i just dont think Rick can handle Auburn's rush defense

I hear Archie Manning is planning on another late kid and he is already committed to Tennessee

Originally posted by U-T@Nov 29, 2004 3:52 PM
I hear Archie Manning is planning on another late kid and he is already committed to Tennessee

If Schaeffer was 100% by the game, he still would not start. CPF already made it clear he is going with Rick

I don't see BS playing much, but he may get in some if it gets close, and they need a spark.

Just let Rick keep getting better and do to Auburn what Mike Mauck did to us. Go,Rick, Go!! :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back