SEC Doc Series

When are people going to understand that the players -- who so many people have been taught to be angry at -- are merely imitating the NCAA, the leagues, and the networks? NCAA also looking at okaying selling ads on playing fields, team jerseys, etc.

Reactions: SpookyAction
No. Just no.

Next up will be splitting games between Netflix and ESPN.

Then another streaming provider getting in the mix.

NFL is going to learn their lesson. Bunch of money up front but a bunch of irate fans on the back end

No. Just no.

Next up will be splitting games between Netflix and ESPN.

Then another streaming provider getting in the mix.

NFL is going to learn their lesson. Bunch of money up front but a bunch of irate fans on the back end
MLB made the game difficult to watch, and made fans mad, including me.
Revenue continued to grow with fewer fans.
MLB isn't changing to cater to all the fans. They realized they don't need all the fans when they are making so much on TV rights.

CFB is following the MLB model. Tradition, expectations, and passion are all optional and on the chopping block in exchange for cash.

Reactions: Gandalf
I’d be all in for this!

My concern is this..ESPN and the SEC has yet to come to an agreement on a 9th conference game. ESPN has not been good financially for a little bit, I believe they have already outsourced the CFP first round games to TNT. Sankey may not get that # he wants from ESPN and then Netflix slides in w/ a crazy $ amount to buy 1/3 of all SEC conference games from espn, including having enough for that 9th game. Maybe it’s me getting older, im not really high on the idea of subscribing to a Netflix for playoff access or Xmas day access. It seems like the consumer and fans are continually being taken advantage. Yes I know I sound naive to it all, but I don’t want this approach a very slippery slope from which college football cannot recover .

When are people going to understand that the players -- who so many people have been taught to be angry at -- are merely imitating the NCAA, the leagues, and the networks? NCAA also looking at okaying selling ads on playing fields, team jerseys, etc.

I don't understand the whining about players. People switch jobs in private sector all the time. Someone will be crying VFL at our athletes but then leave their company for a new company. I don't see the difference.

Reactions: LouderVol
My concern is this..ESPN and the SEC has yet to come to an agreement on a 9th conference game. ESPN has not been good financially for a little bit, I believe they have already outsourced the CFP first round games to TNT. Sankey may not get that # he wants from ESPN and then Netflix slides in w/ a crazy $ amount to buy 1/3 of all SEC conference games from espn, including having enough for that 9th game. Maybe it’s me getting older, im not really high on the idea of subscribing to a Netflix for playoff access or Xmas day access. It seems like the consumer and fans are continually being taken advantage. Yes I know I sound naive to it all, but I don’t want this approach a very slippery slope from which college football cannot recover .
The older you get the more you realize what is important in life and college football is far down the list from 10 or 20 years ago. Even younger people are turning to other sports for entertainment. I would not buy another subscription service to watch a UT or any other game. It is just not that important anymore. And it has nothing to do with money.

Reactions: Firebirdparts

VN Store

Back