SEC East next year

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
With all the good coaches in our division next year, i think it's hard to argue that the SEC east will be the best division in college football. Coaches like Fulmer, Richt, Spurrier, and Meyer will all be extremely competitive. Although i think georgia will have a rebuilding year because of the players they'll lose. Just wanted to know what you guys think.

Tennessee returns with the most experienced players and stable coaching staff. Meyer will make Florida competitive immediately with the existing talent they have. Georgia will be rebuilding. Spurrier still needs to find a qb to run his system... but there are other athletes at South Carolina. Vanderbilt loses the vast experience that gave them so much hope this year.... and Kentucky will still suck.

My prediction for 2005 in the SEC EAST:
1. Tennessee
2. Florida
3. South Carolina
4. Georgia
5. Vanderbilt
6. Kentucky

1. Tennessee
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. SC

6. Vanderbilt
6. Kentucky

No doubt, this is one tough cookie of a conference. Meyer should add even more excitement to what's already a stacked SEC coaching roster.

The Vols are coming off a surprisingly successful season and return too much talent to not be favored. Barring injuries or transfers, this should be one of the strongest offensive squads in Orange that we've seen. Work is needed in the defensive secondary, but there's plenty of time in the off-season for that.

Meyer's got experience to work with and should be an immediate success. Georgia has some rebuilding to do, but I think they'll be strong enough to hold off SC and Spurrier's debut.

Vandy and Kentucky will, well. . . . will be Vandy and Kentucky.

I'll go with -- Vols 10-1, SEC Champs

The Vols get Meyer and Florida early.... and Spurrier and South Carolina late. Back-to-back road games versus Florida and LSU will be tough. If Memphis' star running back stays in school, they could be tougher than they already will be.

2005 Schedule
Sept 3 Alabama-Birmingham
Sept 17 at #*Florida
Sept 24 at #LSU
Oct 1 #Mississippi
Oct 8 #*Georgia
Oct 22 at #Alabama
Oct 29 #*South Carolina
Nov 5 at Notre Dame
Nov 12 Memphis
Nov 19 #*Vanderbilt
Nov 26 at #*Kentucky
Dec 3 SEC Championship in Atlanta

# Conference Game
* Divisional Game

I think we have a 50-50 chance of beating Florida next year, depending on our secondary, but we will win the east anyways. It's Urban Meyer's first year, he will slip up somewhere.

Alabama-Birmingham
Win

Florida
I think our game at Florida will be the biggest challenge all year. Our corners are really going to have to step it up. if Florida has a good season next year, I would consider it concievable that Leak is a Heisman candidate. If the secondary doesn't pick it up, Florida will pass all over us and we'll have a loss.

LSU
They will be the biggest threat in the SEC West. I'm not exactly sure how they are shaping up, but I think we can win this one.

Ole Miss
Win

Georgia
They lost too many seniors, win

Alabama
Our defense will only be better, we can effectively shut down their offense. Hopefully we'll have a more balanced offensive attack as well, so we should win. Third toughest game of the regular season.

South Carolina
If Spurrier doesn't find a QB, we will embarass them. Even if he does, it will be a solid win

Notre Dame
The Irish are in shambles. Win

Memphis
Win

Vanderbilt
Win

Kentucky
Win

vs. LSU in the SEC championship

We're getting ahead of ourselves here. Let's enjoy the bowl season, look at the offseason and see how things go.

And I didn't predict a loss against Florida, we can definitley win, it will just be a challenge

Right now I am not sure how people can say that UGA will be in a rebuilding mode.

Odell Thurman will NOT leave. Anderson won't either. Giles wont either.

Davis I doubt it with his covering skills. Blue I doubt also as he isn't a great NFL projection either.

So....with that said....they lose Pollack....thats it, IMO and then on offense return the entire OL, RB core, and a slew of young/good WR's.

People picking them low will be shocked, IMO when they finish either 1st or 2nd next year

Skockley will there as well and he should do well for GA

Shockley can be mocked for his 2nd half against Tech but his first two drives in that game did impress me.

Along with his game against Kentucky this year.

Without Shockley, UGA losses the Clemson and Kentucky games in 2002 and he did quite well against USC that year as well (though he got hurt).

He has had some troubles but they get magnified because of his inexperience.

You guys are positively delirious. (Delerious, Delirious?) Anyway, yeah. The SEC West is going to be obviously superior to Meyer, Spurrier, and every other amazing coach the East will have next season. Why? Because NICK SABAN will destroy all of you. ALL OF YOU! MWAHAHAHA!

Sorry. This is the kind of thing that I, as an LSU fan, am supposed to say. Pay no attention. I've been mixing Nyquil and Dayquil.

Good luck in the post season to all east teams.

Ive said it about UM before. Ill say it now. He hasnt proven crap to me. He can take a Utah team and cruise through the MWC. Doesnt make him a hit in the SEC.

Look at Zook. He was an NFL Assistant. What did he do at UF? Lost to MSU.

'Quil mixers! Hell yeah

Don't take us too lightly next year

I don't think anyone here is. How many of you guys are gonna come to the Valley next year? I remember when we played back in.....2000? I think that's when we beat you guys in overtime in BR. Hell of a game. You guys brought a TON of fans for that game. I remember because there was this big orange Mob amidst all the purple and gold, and I was thinking, "Those colors don't mix."

Originally posted by Atreus21@Dec 7, 2004 7:33 PM
Sorry. This is the kind of thing that I, as an LSU fan, am supposed to say. Pay no attention. I've been mixing Nyquil and Dayquil.

I like the Nyquil Jello shooters myself.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Dec 7, 2004 11:30 PM
I remember when we played back in.....2000? I think that's when we beat you guys in overtime in BR. Hell of a game. You guys brought a TON of fans for that game. I remember because there was this big orange Mob amidst all the purple and gold, and I was thinking, "Those colors don't mix."

Ah, I remember that night.

Got beer poured on me after the game, almost got in 3 fights leaving, and had a fan trying to threw a mini-pole from the parking lot at my car.

Originally posted by U&#045;T+Dec 7, 2004 11:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (U-T @ Dec 7, 2004 11:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Atreus21@Dec 7, 2004 11:30 PM
I remember when we played back in.....2000?  I think that&#39;s when we beat you guys in overtime in BR.  Hell of a game.  You guys brought a TON of fans for that game.  I remember because there was this big orange Mob amidst all the purple and gold, and I was thinking, "Those colors don&#39;t mix."

Ah, I remember that night.

Got beer poured on me after the game, almost got in 3 fights leaving, and had a fan trying to threw a mini-pole from the parking lot at my car. [/quote]
hmmmm... dare I say just a tad bit of a hostile environment? When we went to Georgia in &#39;02, those damn Dawgs were practically attacking the band after the game. Throwing things that come out of your body and such. The UGA band had to surround the Pride and walk them to their busses. Some fans get a little too rowdy.

I also remember a home game last year... OT win over the &#39;Cocks, some idiot tried to steal my roommate&#39;s hat. (he&#39;s the one that was in the band... also told me the story about Georgia)

there are always idiots in the crowd..... so let&#39;s be careful out there.

See, I&#39;m in the LSU band, and we had a similar experience leaving Sanford Stadium this season. You&#39;d think after we took such a beating, we&#39;d have no problem leaving the stadium. But some moron started a scuffle with a tuba, apparently before realizing that a tuba is a very dangerous instrument when employed as a weapon.

Needless to say, between the tuba players and two LA state troopers, we left about three UGA drunk guys with bloody noses.

Also, back in 2000, in the LSU-UT game aforementioned, the craziest thing happened. Immediately after the fans realized we&#39;d won, I got hit in the head with an apple. Written on the apple, in black marks-a-lot, was "How do ya like that?" Even though my head hurt, I laughed myself sick. LSU-UT games are always memorable experiences. Except of course when we lose. :) I try to forget those pretty quick.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Dec 8, 2004 3:43 PM
some moron started a scuffle with a tuba

Not sure why, but every time I read that I start laughing.

Mental note: From now on when I feel like assaulting a band member go for a piccolo NOT A TUBA.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Dec 8, 2004 3:43 PM
See, I&#39;m in the LSU band, and we had a similar experience leaving Sanford Stadium this season. You&#39;d think after we took such a beating, we&#39;d have no problem leaving the stadium. But some moron started a scuffle with a tuba, apparently before realizing that a tuba is a very dangerous instrument when employed as a weapon.

Needless to say, between the tuba players and two LA state troopers, we left about three UGA drunk guys with bloody noses.

I am going to call BS on this account because my wife actually attended this game and actually SAW this incident, which I was about to bring up.

Some UGA fans said some stuff and the LSU people didnt back down, it was a bad thing on both parts. But it was not squarly the UGA persons fault.

Originally posted by U&#045;T@Dec 8, 2004 2:23 PM
I am going to call BS on this account because my wife actually attended this game and actually SAW this incident, which I was about to bring up.

Some UGA fans said some stuff and the LSU people didnt back down, it was a bad thing on both parts. But it was not squarly the UGA persons fault.

Can&#39;t a man blame Georgia fans in peace?

Originally posted by milohimself+Dec 8, 2004 8:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Dec 8, 2004 8:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@Dec 8, 2004 2:23 PM

Can&#39;t a man blame Georgia fans in peace? [/quote]
:question:

Never&#33;&#33;&#33;

My wife told me to tell you that

VN Store

Back