SEC Hoops Loading Its Nonconference Schedule.

hatvol96

With schedules starting to trickle out, a trend is certainly emerging. The SEC is taking on all comers in the nonconference portion of the season. Here are some of the teams and their marquee nonconference games:

Kentucky-at North Carolina, a probable matchup with West Virginia in Las Vegas, Miami, and at Louisville.
Ole Miss-West Virginia, Louisville in Cincinnati, at New Mexico, and Southern Miss in Biloxi.
Alabama-Plays in Maui, where the field includes North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oregon, Saint Joe's, and Texas.
Auburn-at Xavier, and Dayton in Chicago.
Tennessee-Old Spice Classic, at Temple, Marquette in Nashville, at Kansas, Gonzaga, and Memphis.

That is some big boy scheduling.

I think we'll have a good picture of the sec before january with these type of schedules.

Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and LSU also usually play good nonconference schedules. The SEC will have a chance to run up a really nice conference RPI if it holds its own in those games.

Still though, the SEC will be no more than average again this season. I'm glad that a lot of the programs in the conference aren't afraid of competition, but overall the conference should be better in '09 and '10

Just looked at Florida's schedule. They should be embarrassed.

Question for you. Billy Donovan: really, really good collegiate coach, or a guy who struck gold with one group of recruits and should have cashed in his chips while he had the chance?

Question for you. Billy Donovan: really, really good collegiate coach, or a guy who struck gold with one group of recruits and should have cashed in his chips while he had the chance?

I'm not Hat, but I think he should be considered a pretty good coach. Even before the back-to-back titles he had taken a team at Florida to a National Championship game. He's the main person responsible for Florida basketball being where it's at today. It was nothing before he got there.

I think both.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm not Hat, but I think he should be considered a pretty good coach. Even before the back-to-back titles he had taken a team at Florida to a National Championship game. He's the main person responsible for Florida basketball being where it's at today. It was nothing before he got there.
Lon Kruger took Florida to the Final Four.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just looked at Florida's schedule. They should be embarrassed.

I learned all I needed to know about Billy D's scheduling habits when they played just a tad heavier schedule than this one the year they had essentially everybody back to defend the NC.

Their home OOC games that year were like going to see the Globetrotters play the Generals every night.

VN Store

Back