chattaboogie

I drink and post.
Toughest 2013 SEC Non-Conference Football Schedules

5. Tennessee Volunteers
•08/31 – Austin Peay
•09/07 – Western Kentucky
•09/14 – at Oregon
•09/28 – South Alabama

Wow! A trip to Autzen Stadium! That’s a great game! And that’s it. A tour of the Sun Belt and a cupcake in Austin Peay rounds out the non-conference slate for the Vols. That includes a game against South Alabama who is in their first year of full FBS status. Western Kentucky was .500 in conference play last year as well. Nine times out of ten the trip to Eugene would carry this schedule a little farther, but not when your other opponents are that lackluster.

In my opinion there are some obvious errors with the piece though I think it got Tennessee about right. An argument could be made for us to swap positions with LSU. I think Oregon is a better team than TCU and that game is not nearly as far of a trip as Autzen is for us. I also don't agree with the love the writer gives to Kent State. I agree with the top three as each team has at least 2 decent to strong opponents (though due to annual rivalry games)

Games I noticed that I had not realized were occurring that I am excited about seeing :

Ole Miss at Texas
Miss State at Oklahoma State

Reactions: 2 people
I don't get how Bama is behind Arkansas, Mizzou, and A&M. I can understand if Arkansas is given credit for going to Rutgers, but Mizzou and A&M have absolute cakewalks.

Why do they think Ga. has a tough schedule????

I'm sure it has to do with the away games at Clemson and Georgia Tech. If it was me I would swap it around and make it Georgia at 3, Florida at 2, and South Carolina at 1. I think UCF, UNC, and Clemson give USCe the edge but I understand the consideration given to Georgia's away games.

ps. sorry if my sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

I don't get how Bama is behind Arkansas, Mizzou, and A&M. I can understand if Arkansas is given credit for going to Rutgers, but Mizzou and A&M have absolute cakewalks.

The writer is giving too much love to ULL and Ark. St. I agree Virginia Tech should move Bama up higher. Honestly it might have something to do with the writer focusing on comparative strength of schedule, which obviously puts the tide at a disadvantage because they are heavily favored no matter who they play right now. Virginia Tech for Bama is not the same as Virginia Tech for Missouri or Arkansas.

The writer is giving too much love to ULL and Ark. St. I agree Virginia Tech should move Bama up higher. Honestly it might have something to do with the writer focusing on comparative strength of schedule, which obviously puts the tide at a disadvantage because they are heavily favored no matter who they play right now. Virginia Tech for Bama is not the same as Virginia Tech for Missouri or Arkansas.

You could be right.

Ga Tech lost to MTSU at HOME last year. I'd say Florida schedule is much harder.

I agree Miami and FL State is a tough OOC slate. Seems this list puts a big emphasis on road games. I tend to agree.

@Clemson to open the season is way tougher than @ Miami or Fl State.

I have just hit my quota of posts about ACC teams for the year. Carry on.

Yeah, I definitely think some of this is skewed. I'd say Florida has the hardest OOC schedule with Miami, FSU, and Toledo, followed by UGA, USCjr, UT, Kentucky, then LSU. shrug.

I honestly think our OOC schedule should be harder...or better yet, more balanced. Oregon is awesome, but the other teams are a little embarrassing. I would rather play 4 decent teams and be able to say that we beat a quality team every week.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back