SEC position rankings: Receivers

YankeeVol

Raised a Yank, Born a Vol
14. Tennessee: The Vols were depleted at receiver when Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter and Zach Rogers took their combined 21 touchdown catches and headed to the NFL. Also gone is tight end Mychal Rivera. Nobody really separated himself as the go-to receiver in the spring, which means much will be expected of heralded incoming freshman MarQuez North. The Vols also need redshirt freshman Jason Croom to come back strong from shoulder surgery and Pig Howard to have a big sophomore season.

SEC position rankings: Receivers - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

If they are going to knock UT for inexperience and lack of production, then the barn is way too high at #8.

Reactions: 2 people
Not shocked we are this low. I mean we basically lost all of our production and we will have a new qb learning a new system.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
14. Tennessee: The Vols were depleted at receiver when Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter and Zach Rogers took their combined 21 touchdown catches and headed to the NFL. Also gone is tight end Mychal Rivera. Nobody really separated himself as the go-to receiver in the spring, which means much will be expected of heralded incoming freshman MarQuez North. The Vols also need redshirt freshman Jason Croom to come back strong from shoulder surgery and Pig Howard to have a big sophomore season.

SEC position rankings: Receivers - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

this should not be a surprise at all. Including Pig Howard (question he was at WR last year with all his receptions) the following is the stats for WRs on this roster.

33 catches for 366 yards and 3 TDs. This is the combined total for career for all players that have played WR at Tennessee. Potential means nothing with this amount of limited numbers.

Lucky they only dropped UT to 14. :)

maybe some teams early on take our receiving corps lightly. could end up costing them.

this should not be a surprise at all. Including Pig Howard (question he was at WR last year with all his receptions) the following is the stats for WRs on this roster.

33 catches for 366 yards and 3 TDs. This is the combined total for career for all players that have played WR at Tennessee. Potential means nothing with this amount of limited numbers.

I thought that there were only 14 teams in the conference. Was that sarcasm?

North will be a 1,000 yard receiver. :crazy:

I hope so but doubt it this year. Incredibly athletic, didn't play a ton of WR in high school. If you watch his film most of his highlights were on runs after reverses, etc. heard Ainge discuss this as well. While I'm excited to see him, I think he's got a ton of catching up to do to learn the position, route running, etc. I personally am looking for big things out of Croom and Paul Harris.

I hope so but doubt it this year. Incredibly athletic, didn't play a ton of WR in high school. If you watch his film most of his highlights were on runs after reverses, etc. heard Ainge discuss this as well. While I'm excited to see him, I think he's got a ton of catching up to do to learn the position, route running, etc. I personally am looking for big things out of Croom and Paul Harris.

I don't expect him to be a clone of CP but I have high hopes for the kid.

If they are going to knock UT for inexperience and lack of production, then the barn is way too high at #8.

Yea but you still have a guy who was very good for y'all last year in Cooper. That guy has got crazy potential.

Whoops! My bad I thought you said bama instead of the barn was way too high when I read your post the first time. I didn't actually read the rear of the write up. Sorry for the confusion :hi:

Last edited:

How many did Patterson have for us in 2011? :question:

We wouldn't have any problems with wide receever talent if Dave heart did the right thing and kept Fulmer as hed coach and not the carpet bag Yankees like we got after GBO VFL

We wouldn't have any problems with wide receever talent if Dave heart did the right thing and kept Fulmer as hed coach and not the carpet bag Yankees like we got after GBO VFL
A little early to be trolling, no?

I can't say I'm surprised with the #14 ranking. Like LWS said, the inexperience on the roster at receiver is mind-numbing.

Reactions: 1 person
A little early to be trolling, no?

I can't say I'm surprised with the #14 ranking. Like LWS said, the inexperience on the roster at receiver is mind-numbing.

Long day tomorrow so I'm working early.

The 14 is accurate, that'll happen when you've got more or less no proven production at the position. ******n bamboo didn't grow too well.

VN Store

Back