SEC tournament suggestions

Rebel VOL

Hey guys, been to Omaha several times but first time planning on making the SEC tournament in Hoover. I will be taking my three boys so need suggestions on places to stay, things to do , where to buy tickets, best seats. I appreciate anything you can provide.

Reactions: vol66 and VolPack22
Are you planning on attending all the games for every team? They sell books which would be the best option for that. Otherwise you can purchase individual session tickets which would give you access to not only the Tennessee game but the other game in our session.

Reactions: WillisWG
Hey guys, been to Omaha several times but first time planning on making the SEC tournament in Hoover. I will be taking my three boys so need suggestions on places to stay, things to do , where to buy tickets, best seats. I appreciate anything you can provide.
Tickets

Travel info. Finding rooms could be an issue.

Hotels are spread out but most are nice in Hoover. There are several near the Galleria and Patton Creek shopping center. If you can't stay in Hoover, go toward Oak Mountain Amphitheater in Pelham or Highway 280/Summit. Only 15 minute drive and tons of food options in both places.

There are also several restaurants near the Met, but even more options up and down Hwy 150, near the Galleria, and Patton Creek.

For Food, I would suggest:

Biscuit Belly for Breakfast (YUM)
Jim and Nicks on Hwy 31 for BBQ
Uncle G's, Johnny Brusco's (both New York style) or Tortugas (chicago style deep dish) for Pizza
Hero donuts or Whiskey Foxtrot's (my fave) for burgers
There's 2 Korean BBQ places now that are both good. Hot Pot (near Walmart) and Stone Age (Galleria)
Rock and Roll Sushi or Styx for sushi and hibachi
Frontera for Mexican food (near Target) or Taco Mama (near the Met) for street style tacos

Feel free to @ me if you have more Hoover specific questions

Oh and stay out of Bessemer and McCalla. Nothing good to see there. Hotels are cheap for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo
I would stay in the area around 280 at I459. The Marriott is nice and it is near good restaurants. Not a lot of local flavor there, but in Alabama that is a good thing a lot of the time. Probably the least likely place to get your car stolen.

Hotels are spread out but most are nice in Hoover. There are several near the Galleria and Patton Creek shopping center. If you can't stay in Hoover, go toward Oak Mountain Amphitheater in Pelham or Highway 280/Summit. Only 15 minute drive and tons of food options in both places.

There are also several restaurants near the Met, but even more options up and down Hwy 150, near the Galleria, and Patton Creek.

For Food, I would suggest:

Biscuit Belly for Breakfast (YUM)
Jim and Nicks on Hwy 31 for BBQ
Uncle G's, Johnny Brusco's (both New York style) or Tortugas (chicago style deep dish) for Pizza
Hero donuts or Whiskey Foxtrot's (my fave) for burgers
There's 2 Korean BBQ places now that are both good. Hot Pot (near Walmart) and Stone Age (Galleria)
Rock and Roll Sushi or Styx for sushi and hibachi
Frontera for Mexican food (near Target) or Taco Mama (near the Met) for street style tacos

Feel free to @ me if you have more Hoover specific questions

Oh and stay out of Bessemer and McCalla. Nothing good to see there. Hotels are cheap for a reason.
Damn, you made my stomache growl.

I would stay in the area around 280 at I459. The Marriott is nice and it is near good restaurants. Not a lot of local flavor there, but in Alabama that is a good thing a lot of the time. Probably the least likely place to get your car stolen.
Do you live in Hoover?

I live in Riverchase, near the Galleria, and crime is minimal. I certainly am not afraid of my car being broken into or stolen. Hoover police don't play that crap.

Thanks for the response! Few more questions,
Do they sell beer in stadium?
anything set up for kids (fan fest)?
Will tickets get easy or harder to get as the weeks goes on?

Thanks for the response! Few more questions,
Do they sell beer in stadium?
anything set up for kids (fan fest)?
Will tickets get easy or harder to get as the weeks goes on?

Yeah, tix get easier, not everyone leaves when their team loses, but many do. The kid stuff is great depending on age. They do sell beer.

VN Store

Back