SECC Predictions

I will be rooting for the Vols to win, but I would expect it more from Auburn. So while I support Tennesee fully, my prediction is an Auburn win.

Tennessee's defense steps it up but a loaded Auburn team is too much to handle for the Vols. Vols lose in a close game.

Auburn wins 24-20

We need to play the way we did in the first half against UGA and Auburn needs to play the way they did in the first half against Ole Miss or Bama.

What concerns me is our lack of a game breaker. I think we need an unconventional score - punt return, blocked kick, etc. I don't believe we've had one this year. Have we even had a pick six? The O looked good yesterday (at times) but many of the runs wouldn't have broken against a good D.

We need a low scoring game with the breaks going our way.

Added - score prediction 1) if it goes our way - 24 to 17, 2) if it goes their way - 24 to 10.

Yeah... If we can manage at least one unanswered TD in the first quarter or early in the second, then Tennessee wins in a close game, by 3 or 4 points. But that's a pretty big if.

If Auburn pulls ahead early, Auburn wins big. If Tennessee is ahead at the half, we will win.

I believe that the Vols will win the SEC Championship game, 21-20. The reason why I am saying this is the last time the Vols won a game after barely beating Kentucky was back in 2001 (the Vols beats the Gators @ "The Swamp").

Local sportscaster in Bham (not generally a Bammer either) said repeatedly tonight that UT is pathetic, awful, etc. Even suggested that UT is not much stronger of an opponent than the Citadel!!!

Why is it that a rational opinion is no longer sufficient. Commentators make extreme statements to get attention/ratings whatever. Drives me nuts. This is not thoughtful analysis -- it's called being a hack.

Guys you must be watching different teams than i am.I'm orange to the bone but with this D the Cat and Brown will eat us alive .We just got by two of the worst teams in college football and we got to beat i think may be the best team inthe county .This is one of the weakest D i've seen Tennessee have in years and losing the players we will this year it doesn't look any better next year .

AU--38 and this maybe a little low !!!!!!
TN--17 :(

Auburn - 42
UT - 10

Bet the mortgage. It's Christmas time...buy something nice for those that love you.

Originally posted by DrRosenRosen@Nov 29, 2004 9:01 AM
Auburn - 42
UT - 10

Bet the mortgage. It's Christmas time...buy something nice for those that love you.

Yeah, then you can make up for the money you lost earlier when you took Georgia.

This is a young team and an unpredictable team, for sure. A couple of surprises, a defense that decides to play and make tackles, and a turnover here or there. . . .this could be a very good game. Aside from the Auburn debaucle, we seem to play to the level of our competition (see: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky games -- did I leave any out???). And, in case you all haven't noticed, we usually WIN those close games.

Any takers?

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Nov 29, 2004 2:53 PM
Yeah, then you can make up for the money you lost earlier when you took Georgia.

This is a young team and an unpredictable team, for sure. A couple of surprises, a defense that decides to play and make tackles, and a turnover here or there. . . .this could be a very good game. Aside from the Auburn debaucle, we seem to play to the level of our competition (see: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky games -- did I leave any out???). And, in case you all haven't noticed, we usually WIN those close games.

Any takers?

True. Also, memories of a certain LSU/UT game at the Georgia Dome keeps running through my head. Then again, there WAS a game this year that UT had no chance of winning from the starting kickoff...

UT- 24
AU- 23

My hubby played last night on the X-Box and that was the outcome. I told him mark it down!!!!!!!!!! ;)

wilhoit 52 yrd field goal with 8 seconds left on the clock.....Vols win 19-17!!!! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Originally posted by DrRosenRosen@Nov 29, 2004 11:00 AM
True. Also, memories of a certain LSU/UT game at the Georgia Dome keeps running through my head. Then again, there WAS a game this year that UT had no chance of winning from the starting kickoff...

Well, hindsight is always 20/20. To say we never had a chance in that first meeting with Auburn is just plain wrong. I believe that, in the SEC, any of the "upper-tier" teams is capable of pulling off the upset. It happens almost every week, and it's happened multiple times in the SECCG (one of which you alluded to. . . .). All it takes is for one overconfident team to make mistakes, turn the ball over, and fail to match the intensity of a fired-up underdog.

This team is hungry for revenge after the pounding we took in September. We've struggled through some close games, which builds character and resolve much more than coming out and thrashing people 70-3 with the second- and third-stringers.

I'm not telling you to call Vegas and bet away your Christmas money, but don't give up on the Big Orange. We like the big game. . . .there's people in 4 or 5 cities south of Tennessee that'll remind you of that.

In a game like this a turn over here or there is going to be the diffrence..this is not the same team they played earlier. This is going to be a game that Auburn will not soon forget... love the fact we are 12.5 pt underdogs...

:blink: love the predictions where folks think Auburn will score more than the 34 points they had in the earlier meeting this year. The probability of aiding the Eagle-Tigers with 6 turnovers twice in the same season is very improbable. Sorry, but Auburn will have to get their points the old-fashioned way this time. And what happens when you don't turn the ball over class? Yes, you score points.

Ironically, the Vols 606 yards of offense against Kentucky is the most since 1997 when a Peyton Manning led offense had 695 yards against Kentucky. The Vols also went to the SECCG that season against Auburn and won 30-29.

just bring it boys the Big Orange will be ready come Dec 4 nobody thought we would beat Miami last year so don't count them out just yet!

Originally posted by allvol@Nov 29, 2004 2:22 PM
:blink: love the predictions where folks think Auburn will score more than the 34 points they had in the earlier meeting this year. The probability of aiding the Eagle-Tigers with 6 turnovers twice in the same season is very improbable.

That's exactly what I was talking about in disputing that "UT never had a chance" in the first meeting.

If we can hold onto the ball, get the running game going, and perhaps mix things up scheme-wise by incorporating Schaeffer, we might really put pressure on the Auburn O to try and put up a lot of points. As we all know, that opens the door for INT's and 3-and-outs and Lordy, how those can change a game.

Nothing would be finer than to kick the the tiger's behinder but...I feel the fire is gone out of TN. Yes, they usually play to the level of the competition but since the injuries to Shaffer and Ainge, I think TN has lost it's confidence. I don't think Auburn will overlook TN. They want the NC and they know they have to kick butt against TN to get there. I think it will be an embarrassing loss in a blowout, especially if TN get's behind early. I hope I'm wrong AUB-31 UT-7. :(

Hey, folks. Over here in Austin I predict:

Vols: 27

Aub: 13

While it would be interesting to play the Vols in the Cotton Bowl, I would rather see the BCS turn into a total nightmare. Now...should you win that game, where would you go bowling?

Also, it's time the major conferences get into the BCS faces and demand a real playoff. I'd rather see a national championship game--say UT v. UT--after a playoff run.

Same as last year, except this year LSU is Auburn and UGA is Tennessee.

Second whoopin' hurts worse, plus you guys gotta rely on Casey's kid brother. I sincerely apologize for that.

AU: 38
UT: 7

VN Store

Back