Second verse, same as the first?

salutethehill

by hatchet, axe, and saw
This may have been mentioned on here. Apologies if so.

We focus on "to woo or not to woo?" without addressing another real issue with Rocky Top...do we sing the second part of the chorus with the same intensity as the first?

Oh sure, we hit the chorus and the whole world shouts:

"ROCKY TOOOOOP...YOU'LL ALWAYS BEEE
HOME SWEET HOOOOOOME..TO MEEEEEEE
GOOOOOD OLLLLLLLLLLE ROCKY TOP
WOOOOO (deal with it)
ROCKY TOP TENNNEEESSEEEEEEEEE!!!"

and here's where it gets tricky. They play it AGAIN! People look around to see what their neighbors are doing...it starts slowly but I believe...especially by the woo...we are back in full swing.

Why don't we all just man up and belt it out twice in a row? Why the confusion?

This may have been mentioned on here. Apologies if so.

We focus on "to woo or not to woo?" without addressing another real issue with Rocky Top...do we sing the second part of the chorus with the same intensity as the first?

Oh sure, we hit the chorus and the whole world shouts:

"ROCKY TOOOOOP...YOU'LL ALWAYS BEEE
HOME SWEET HOOOOOOME..TO MEEEEEEE
GOOOOOD OLLLLLLLLLLE ROCKY TOP
WOOOOO (deal with it)
ROCKY TOP TENNNEEESSEEEEEEEEE!!!"

and here's where it gets tricky. They play it AGAIN! People look around to see what their neighbors are doing...it starts slowly but I believe...especially by the woo...we are back in full swing.

Why don't we all just man up and belt it out twice in a row? Why the confusion?

But I don't wanna deal with the wooooo.... make it go away 😳😁

Reactions: 2 people
As far as the intensity drop, you are correct. Never really gave it much thought. Short attention span maybe?

Probably sampling some of Tennessee's finer distilled refreshments. We just need to pause a few secs. Thats why about halfway thru the "gusto" is back...imo

Probably sampling some of Tennessee's finer distilled refreshments. We just need to pause a few secs. Thats why about halfway thru the "gusto" is back...imo

You could be on to something. Gotta catch your breath and wet the whistle. lol

It could be one of those "win" will fix everything. I don't recall a drop off in the 90s. With the buzz around the program now, maybe we will get back to rockin the stadium.

hey my daughter learn how to sing rocky top when she was little because she wanted to yell WWOOOO with me.

Woo isn't in the original lyrics, it was added later by an inebriated student section. (?) :question:

The woo is fine for a game day atmosphere. It's kind of fun and our little traditionial version. I don't get all the fuss about it. Its there, gonna have to deal with it

Woo isn't in the original lyrics, it was added later by the dorks in the band :question:

fyp

Sorry to any current or former band members. That was only meant for the band members that started the woo.

VN Store

Back