senior bowl

vols2345

Volnation's resident sunshine pumper
i hope our guys do good. does anyone know who is all playing in the senior bowl for us?

i havent heard anything about houston all week. i hope he increases his draft status. he just ran for 8 yards.

Houston just caught a pass but there was a holding penalty on the play.

Should we have thrown to Ced more? :question:

Originally posted by OrangeCrush18@Jan 29, 2005 5:10 PM

This is something that Ainge needs to see a little better next year. Sometimes we had either Riggs, Houston or Anderson running free with nobody around them and he never seemed to see them. Maybe he was just choosing not to see them. Who knows.

does anyone know the final stats on cedric today? i think he helped his stock today, how about you? i think during the game i heard them talk about every player except cedric. :espn:

UT doesn't throw to the backs because the Offensive coaches don't like to use that pass.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 29, 2005 7:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 29, 2005 7:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OrangeCrush18@Jan 29, 2005 5:10 PM

This is something that Ainge needs to see a little better next year. Sometimes we had either Riggs, Houston or Anderson running free with nobody around them and he never seemed to see them. Maybe he was just choosing not to see them. Who knows. [/quote]
I agree with you.....I think they should use that flats pass some more because its open 90% of the time....and you can usually get decent yardage off it...I&#39;d throw to Corey Anderson more than what I did this year because he&#39;s a big ole boy and there aren&#39;t too many people that are going to take him down....At least not easily...He&#39;s got great hands for a big guy..But I agree with you, they need to throw to the Backs more

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Jan 29, 2005 8:55 PM
UT doesn&#39;t throw to the backs because the Offensive coaches don&#39;t like to use that pass.

I wasn&#39;t really talking about designed plays though. I don&#39;t know what they are trying to do out there, but I do know this. When a RB is open and everyone else is covered, I would rather have a gain for 5 - however many yards, than a forced pass that could be picked off or incomplete.

that is because RS doesn&#39;t know about safety valve recievers or taking what the defense gives us. We just credit the opposition for "taking us out of what we wanted to do." RS quote EVERYTIME we lose a game or perform poorly offensively.

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 29, 2005 7:18 PM
does anyone know the final stats on cedric today?  i think he helped his stock today,  how about you?  i think during the game i heard them talk about every player except cedric.  :espn:

It&#39;s ok I doubt the smarter scouts are listening to espn comentators...
;)

VN Store

Back