SHAEFFER IS DUBBED......"THE GHOST"

kentend

Alright....Shaeffer has to be called.............."THE GHOST." IT IS WRITTEN!

Check out what a coach said about him who used to have to play against him:

''He's a ghost. He's there, and all of a sudden, he's not there,'' said St. Thomas Aquinas Coach George Smith, who faced Schaeffer each of the last two years in the talent-rich south Florida high school ranks.

QUOTE TAKEN FROM THE TENNESSEAN: http://www.tennessean.com/sports/ut/archiv...ent_ID=56551621

So if he lives up to his name, when he's running towards the end zone............when someone goes to tackle him.......at the last second....."he won't be there." He'll be standing on the orange and white checkerboard baby!

BECAUSE HE'S.................................THE GHOST!

Go Vols,
Ken near Murfreesboro

I have to see him in a game or two before I change his nickname from "freshman".

Maybe Cedric Houston ought to be dubbed "the ghost" for disappearing in big games! :blink:

"The ghost" would refer to the ball. Cedric hasn't seen it in his hands. (hint for Cedric, it's on the ground)

I like it.....if he can live up to it.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Sep 2, 2004 12:23 PM
"The ghost" would refer to the ball. Cedric hasn't seen it in his hands. (hint for Cedric, it's on the ground)

:dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol:

THE GHOST is gonna get it done. And yet if he does get it done then how long before Ainge goes?

We all know any kid that has talent isn't gonna want to endure any two quaterback system for any length of time. I remember when Brandon Steward came to town and he was hailed as an "ALL EVERYTHING" and yet he had to boogie out in the end and we all know who took over.

So if one beats out the other then one bolts.

But let's say they both play equally well. What do you do as a coach? How do you handle such a thing?

Thoughts?

Ken

If both play equal, you go with Schaeffer.

BTW I dub thee Cedric "the Entertainer" Houston. I love that whole run into a wall and fall down bit. It is hilarious!

That's a really tough call. You would think that the staff would prefer to pick one guy and have him get most of the game snaps.

I think the staff was so dissapointed by the lack of progress by Leak and (the other veteran) that they're scramblin now to see which horse to bet on.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Sep 2, 2004 11:23 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

I'd have to agree with whoever said you'd have to go with Schaeffer. Here's why.

Scrambling ability.

Though Payton Manning and Casey Clausen were great and good Quarterbacks respectively...........neither of them could scramble without bringing back memories of Forrest Gump.

Our one modern era National Championship came at the feet of Tee Martin.

Even Mannings head and throwing ability didn't get us to the promised land.

The college game seems more conducive to scrambling type Quarterbacks opposed to the NFL where scrambling Quarterbacks get their legs gacked....hence....Michael Vick.

To date in the NFL Manning hasn't been hurt that I know of and he's flourished though still short of a Super Bowl win.

So I'm with you...........you got to go with the "legs" in the college game although if what I hear is accurate....either one of 'em is supposed to be pretty good.

I just hate to see one go.

peace,
Ken

I think that FUlmer would be more comfortable with a guy who can scramble due to the o-line's lack of performance, and his memory of GA 2002.

VN Store

Back