Shaeffers Status

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN@Oct 30, 2004 3:58 PM
:( :furious3: :cross: :cross: :cross:

I don't think the news is going to be good.

Yeah, they just showed him on the sidelines out of uniform...with a sling on!!!! But im betting that it isnt too serious!!!!! :cross: Let's just hope for the best

The bright side, which is very visable until an official report, is that it is his right non throwing arm.

I heard the announcers ( who STANK by the way) mention a collarbone. I hope he's okay.

ditto....im hoping he'll be alright. im sure he will start during the Notre Dame game next week if he is 100%

You really think Schaeffer will start against ND if he's healthy? I hope we DO keep playing both guys. They are both special in their own way.

Definately...both are special in their own ways, but Schaeffer showed that he can move the offense and has a knack for getting them fired up!!

Someone on another board posted that Schaeffer was out till the bowl game with Clausen being our back-up? Is someone playing a Halloween trick?

I heard six weeks. It may be a little early to tell for sure. Not good regardless.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Oct 30, 2004 4:36 PM
Is Clausen really the back-up??

:blink:

I think so. Who else would be? (Don't say Cooter :p )

There is no way that anyone knows that this early....and i would hope that there would be a way to push Leak back to backup!!!!

Originally posted by Memphis_Volunteer@Oct 30, 2004 5:03 PM
Clausen got drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs.

I think they are talking about his brother Rick.

ESPN just said that he broke his collarbone and will be out 5-6 weeks!!!!

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN@Oct 30, 2004 7:32 PM
ESPN just said that he broke his collarbone and will be out 5-6 weeks!!!!

That really stinks for him. He would have gotten some playing time in the next few weeks and we really need him for the SECC (assuming we make it). I guess the SECC is in 5 weeks. He may be back.

in the post game interview on UTsports.com Brent said he had no idea how long it would be. He said that it was fractured, but more than that he didn't know.

VN Store

Back