Should the government makes drugs once they're off patent?

evillawyer

Kung Fu Kamala, B*tches!
Personally, I think this is a brilliant idea. Off patent drugs can be produced and sold at cost if done by the government, becoming a public good.

Reactions: luthervol
Every September in the military-“we have to spend all this money so they’ll think we need more”

Idiots on the left-“the government will make things more efficiently”

To be fair to the military, I’m sure this is the case in all government agencies. I’ve never heard any proclaim they’re overfunded

Government ownership of the means of production is not a desirable outcome. I could get behind a tax incentive or rebates with other considerations (immunity from suit for undesirable outcomes etc) to induce willing companies in the private sector to make insulin within a desired cost bracket.

I can see this being made in prisons, what could possibly go wrong? Insulin is no different than making license plates or cleaning clothes.

Reactions: LouderVol
Government ownership of the means of production is not a desirable outcome. I could get behind a tax incentive or rebates with other considerations (immunity from suit for undesirable outcomes etc) to induce willing companies in the private sector to make insulin within a desired cost bracket.

Glad to see we agree on some things (the top sentence)

Looking through my list of enumerated powers in Article 1 of the Constitution…….
Hmmmmmm….guess what’s NOT there? 😂

Reactions: el Jeffe
Bad idea. Too many things can go wrong and it would invite corruption. As mentioned above, some form of subsidy would probably be the best approach.

Personally, I think this is a brilliant idea. Off patent drugs can be produced and sold at cost if done by the government, becoming a public good.

I think it's a great idea, off course I'm not part of the "guvment bad / big business good" zombie horde.

VN Store

Back