Should your electricity bills depend on how much money you make?

In a sense, they already do. Bill Gates’ monthly utility bill is probably 100 times more than an average middle class American’s.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
My wife’s current employer has a “Social Justice Healthcare Plan”. Meaning we pay 5 times as much for our premium than the receptionist pays for theirs. Ya know, because they sacrificed their twenties to stay in school and earn a medical degree. Equality and Fairness!
That just sounds like a compensation strategy. And apparently it's working bc yor wife seems good with it. Simply means they get to meet her total compensation package differently. Unless they are losing high end talent it's actually brilliant

Reactions: McDad
That just sounds like a compensation strategy. And apparently it's working bc yor wife seems good with it. Simply means they get to meet her total compensation package differently. Unless they are losing high end talent it's actually brilliant
She’s not good with it. She starts her new job in 2 weeks. Not specifically for the cost of her healthcare premiums but it did play a part in our decision to leave. As you mentioned, total compensation matters. The premium is outrageous.

My wife’s current employer has a “Social Justice Healthcare Plan”. Meaning we pay 5 times as much for our premium than the receptionist pays for theirs. Ya know, because they sacrificed their twenties to stay in school and earn a medical degree. Equality and Fairness!
Seems like that would be illegal.

Reactions: AM64
She’s not good with it. She starts her new job in 2 weeks. Not specifically for the cost of her healthcare premiums but it did play a part in our decision to leave. As you mentioned, total compensation matters. The premium is outrageous.
My old company did this also. It wasn’t as extreme as you describe but it was definitely noticeable. Now that I’m back contracting I’m staying on the relatively low premium and subsidized retiree healthcare while pulling a purely hourly rate woohoo best of both worlds!!

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
You know it’s been a minute since I read that. It probably took me longer than it should have. And isn’t that the first sentence or close to it in the book?
Actually it was 'Who is John Galt', but I want to know where he is and to try and go there.

They made a 3 movie -trilogy I guess- of Atlas Shrugged, and you NEVER heard about it. I watched all three and they actually did a pretty good job. If you watch them, it is almost like Ms Rand knew these dip ***** we have in power right now.. All these democrat run cities are perfectly described in her book and those movies.

VN Store

Back