SIAP, But I've Seen Enough of Our KO Coverage

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
Isn't there anyone on campus that kick the ball out of the endzone? I cringe every time I see a returnable KO.

Reactions: 1 person
Palardy's first KO of the season went to the back of the end zone.

Why he does not do it consistently is frustrating.

i can kick the ball pretty far.. made a 47 yarder in high school. haven't kicked in two years though

I'm not sure if wind or direction was a factor. I can say that Palardy's kicks were going much longer than oregon's kicker.

Palardy has done a bang up job of kicking ball where you usually want it save one yesterday, the problem isn't with the kicker....the problem is with the piss poor tackling by coverage, and leaving lanes open.

Reactions: 2 people
Palardy's first KO of the season went to the back of the end zone.

Why he does not do it consistently is frustrating.
Over 90% of his HS kickoffs were touch backs. Effective this year, kickoffs were moved back up to the 35, instead of the 30 like the past few years. There is no excuse for him not kicking the ball through the end zone, when he did it consistently in HS, unless he is being coached to kick it shorter and higher. MAKES 0 sense.

Palardy has done a bang up job of kicking ball where you usually want it save one yesterday, the problem isn't with the kicker....the problem is with the piss poor tackling by coverage, and leaving lanes open.

That's my point...just kick it out of the endzone.

Only way to get better at coverage is to do it.

I agree, but our coverage teams have sucked for years. It doesn't seem to matter who the coaches are in that regard.

Just punt it OB (hopefully at least 35 yards downfield) and kick it off out of the endzone.

I agree, but our coverage teams have sucked for years. It doesn't seem to matter who the coaches are in that regard.

Just punt it OB (hopefully at least 35 yards downfield) and kick it off out of the endzone.

I get what you are saying, and not to sound defeatist....but this being the year it will be, might as well get the practice in....we may need a coverage team that works in a year or two.

Over 90% of his HS kickoffs were touch backs. Effective this year, kickoffs were moved back up to the 35, instead of the 30 like the past few years. There is no excuse for him not kicking the ball through the end zone, when he did it consistently in HS, unless he is being coached to kick it shorter and higher. MAKES 0 sense.

I don't know about Florida but Arkansas high schools kick off from the 40 yard line and once the ball goes across the goal line it is automatically a touchback.

VN Store

Back