Silver Lining

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
Not to oversimplify but, could this NCAA vs UT NIL mess help elevate the status of our beloved college? We have been an ESPN & NCAA doormat for decades now, and we are all sick and tired of it. Could our foes become allies and our naysayers pay us the respect that we are rightfully due as we head into battle? Could we come out victorious on the other side and other colleges finally pay heed to Vol Nation?

Am proud of our leaders at UT for taking such a stalwart stance against the NCAA.

Go Vols

No, our foes will still down play our role. The advantage for us is future recruits who we will be able to tell that Tennessee was THE leader in protecting players’ rights and interests. The pressure will be on the Alabamas and Georgias to get behind us to show that they are also programs that players can trust.

The problem is that NIL broke their crooked advantages where they could do things under the table and not get caught. Especially Alabama. The new game is not about Dodge Chargers and tailored suits anymore. Why else would Saban retire? I suspect that when he took the job it was under the conditions that he controlled everything, including the media, that has to do with the program. No other program in the country would have hired him under those conditions. This is the basis which I suspect that Alabama may be the impetus for this investigation. We broke it with NIL.

UT was smart enough to see the freight train at the other end of the tunnel and put a system in place to meet the expectations of the future.

No, our foes will still down play our role. The advantage for us is future recruits who we will be able to tell that Tennessee was THE leader in protecting players’ rights and interests. The pressure will be on the Alabamas and Georgias to get behind us to show that they are also programs that players can trust.

The problem is that NIL broke their crooked advantages where they could do things under the table and not get caught. Especially Alabama. The new game is not about Dodge Chargers and tailored suits anymore. Why else would Saban retire? I suspect that when he took the job it was under the conditions that he controlled everything, including the media, that has to do with the program. No other program in the country would have hired him under those conditions. This is the basis which I suspect that Alabama may be the impetus for this investigation. We broke it with NIL.

UT was smart enough to see the freight train at the other end of the tunnel and put a system in place to meet the expectations of the future.
Tend to disagree because all teams and schools are in the same boat w regards to NIL. We have all been set adrift by the NCAA as the waters are cloudy and murky at best and we are one of the Beta test sites for their arrogance and naivity.

Not to oversimplify but, could this NCAA vs UT NIL mess help elevate the status of our beloved college? We have been an ESPN & NCAA doormat for decades now, and we are all sick and tired of it. Could our foes become allies and our naysayers pay us the respect that we are rightfully due as we head into battle? Could we come out victorious on the other side and other colleges finally pay heed to Vol Nation?

Am proud of our leaders at UT for taking such a stalwart stance against the NCAA.

Go Vols
Use it to sell the program to recruits. "We're the tip of the spear in protecting your rights and earning potential".

Step up there then win so much that they have no choice but to respect Tennessee. I'm not interested in what they have to "give", only in taking what's ours.

I'm proud of our leadership as well. Now we need to utilize the position it puts us in.

Tend to disagree because all teams and schools are in the same boat w regards to NIL. We have all been set adrift by the NCAA as the waters are cloudy and murky at best and we are one of the Beta test sites for their arrogance and naivity.
Not all schools have stepped up and told the NCAA to go pound sand like we have.

VN Store

Back