Smith Likely Not Coming To Tennessee

VolzOwn

Per Rob Lewis nothing has changed with Tyler Smith and its starting to look more and more like Tyler wont be a Vol. This probably isnt really surprising because Tyler loved Buzz and Benson not UT(no matter what the paper said). Oh well...Everyone it seems as if were just going to have to admit they were a football school.

Thanks for the update but I won't give up... yet.

Hey its just one person. Pearl will get the people he needs to win. He is a very good recruiter, maybe not this year but next year will be very good for us. lets not forget that pearls offense circles around shooting threes and playing hard defense (kinda like illinios). I wont admit were a football school because smith dont want to come here.

It would be hard for me to believe that Smith would pass on Pearl especially since he would have to sit out a year. Sounds like a funky monkey is spinning spam somewhere. Smith! Open your eyes! Pearl is a proven winner! He got his firt 200 wins faster than anyone and he's not slowing down! He takes nobody's to the sweet sixteen! He could take you to the championship game! Shoot that monkey before you ruin your life!

something wrong with this picture. smith wants to play buzz ball but not pearl ball. why would you wanna play for a coach that doesn't win as many games. :blink:

Originally posted by duckman398686@Apr 7, 2005 7:41 AM
something wrong with this picture. smith wants to play buzz ball but not pearl ball. why would you wanna play for a coach that doesn't win as many games. :blink:

I'm with you on this one, man. Something doesn't smell right with this situation!

Originally posted by rockytop muskrat@Apr 7, 2005 5:28 PM
Maybe we are a little worked up over this Tyler Smith. Has anyone seen him play besides me?

I haven't, I am just taking everyone's word for it. :blink:

I have seen Tyler numerous times...He will be a difference maker...He liked Buzz so much because Buzz went to a lot of his games...He won't have to sit out a here because of the coaching change he can ask for a release.

Originally posted by SUPERVOL33@Apr 8, 2005 2:12 PM
I have seen Tyler numerous times...He will be a difference maker...He liked Buzz so much because Buzz went to a lot of his games...He won't have to sit out a here because of the coaching change he can ask for a release.

He can ask for one, but that doesn't mean he'll get one.

Originally posted by WolfofLon+Apr 8, 2005 4:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WolfofLon @ Apr 8, 2005 4:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SUPERVOL33@Apr 8, 2005 2:12 PM
I have seen Tyler numerous times...He will be a difference maker...He liked Buzz so much because Buzz went to a lot of his games...He won&#39;t have to sit out a here because of the coaching change he can ask for a release.

He can ask for one, but that doesn&#39;t mean he&#39;ll get one. [/quote]
If he wasnt one, he SHOULD be given one...there is no reason to have some player who is gonna complain that he doesn&#39;t want to be there. If he wants out send him packin, its not the end of the world.

I am sure we would probably release him in the end (unless it&#39;s to an SEC school) but we don&#39;t have to make it easy on him.

That&#39;s right, Pearl and Smith are going to meet and talk some more after April 16.

Pearl is also still interested in the center from Lithuania.....here is his info....

Antanas Kavaliauskas
6-11 - Sophomore - Center/Forward
Vilnius, Lithuania

While in Lithuania, he averaged 11 points, 3 assists, and 7 rebounds per game while playing for the club team, “STATYBA”. He shot 58 percent from the field, 70 percent from the line, and a whopping 50 percent from beyond the ark. Antanas helped his team win the Lithuanian Basketball Schools&#39; Championship in 2001. He also picked up MVP honors at the Lithuanian Secondary School Tournament in 2003.

We will have to call him Special K or something since his last name is a little tough to pronounce.

Attachments

• AntanasKavaliauskas.jpg
    AntanasKavaliauskas.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1
Originally posted by VolzOwn@Apr 6, 2005 11:48 PM
Per Rob Lewis nothing has changed with Tyler Smith and its starting to look more and more like Tyler wont be a Vol. This probably isnt really surprising because Tyler loved Buzz and Benson not UT(no matter what the paper said). Oh well...Everyone it seems as if were just going to have to admit they were a football school.

Another website said today that the Smith&#39;s are eagerly awaiting another visit with Pearl. They said TS likes his style of play and that he is a good communicator. It ain&#39;t over till the Michigan State Lady Spartan Post player sings (if ya get my drift).

Originally posted by milohimself@Apr 9, 2005 2:55 PM
:huh: His names not that hard to pronounce.

Like, Ka-vol-y-as-kus, right?

Any name that has to be spelled out using IPA means that it is difficult to pronounce..

I am looking forward to basketball season now. Just to see how the Vols will do.If i was a recruit, I would be all for run and gun offense and pressure D. I think there is some talent there and now that some slackers are gone. :pepper:

Originally posted by Volman1970@Apr 9, 2005 4:23 PM
I think there is some talent there and now that some slackers are gone. :pepper:

OWB never played basketball for UT.

:gone:

VN Store

Back