Some Pet Food Brands are Now Using Proteins From INSECTS so they can Reduce their Carbon Impact and Use Less Land and Water

Franklin Pierce

Pet food companies are swapping meat proteins for that of insects in a bid to reduce your cat or dog’s environmental impact or carbon pawprint.

Big name brands like Nestle Purina and Mars have recently joined the move by using dried black soldier fly larvae, while other companies, such as Jiminy’s, use cricket protein.

Some companies say their insect farms only generate four percent of the current emissions released each year by farms that maintain cows, pigs and chickens.

44222295-9685871-image-a-65_1623705947073.jpg

Big name brands like Nestle Purina and Mars have recently joined the move by using dried black soldier fly larvae

Thanks in part to the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement, the world has made a huge shift to going green in the past few years, with hopes of curbing carbon emissions to combat climate change.

Some pet food brands are now using proteins from insects to reduce their carbon impact | Daily Mail Online

Pet food companies are swapping meat proteins for that of insects in a bid to reduce your cat or dog’s environmental impact or carbon pawprint.

Big name brands like Nestle Purina and Mars have recently joined the move by using dried black soldier fly larvae, while other companies, such as Jiminy’s, use cricket protein.

Some companies say their insect farms only generate four percent of the current emissions released each year by farms that maintain cows, pigs and chickens.

44222295-9685871-image-a-65_1623705947073.jpg

Big name brands like Nestle Purina and Mars have recently joined the move by using dried black soldier fly larvae

Thanks in part to the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement, the world has made a huge shift to going green in the past few years, with hopes of curbing carbon emissions to combat climate change.

Some pet food brands are now using proteins from insects to reduce their carbon impact | Daily Mail Online
Wait until you see your dog lick their own butt.

Reactions: n_huffhines
You might (or might not actually) want to read up on how many insect parts, rodent hairs and rat poop is allowed in our cereals, flour, cornmeal and other grain products.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I'm sure many of you are already aware, but these "big name brands" have been producing food that barely qualifies as nutrition for decades. If you're a knowledgeable pet owner, you're not buying these brands anyway.

I'm sure many of you are already aware, but these "big name brands" have been producing food that barely qualifies as nutrition for decades. If you're a knowledgeable pet owner, you're not buying these brands anyway.
My sister, who is a veterinarian, would disagree on the Purina at least.

You might (or might not actually) want to read up on how many insect parts, rodent hairs and rat poop is allowed in our cereals, flour, cornmeal and other grain products.

when I was at UT in the 1970's in one of my Food Technology classes, we tested various food products for contaminants. One brand of "all natural" peanut butter ran 4% rat poop.
At that time, USDA was developing a rice/rat concentrate to ship to developing countries

when I was at UT in the 1970's in one of my Food Technology classes, we tested various food products for contaminants. One brand of "all natural" peanut butter ran 4% rat poop.
At that time, USDA was developing a rice/rat concentrate to ship to developing countries

@LouderVol
Reeces Cups=Rat Poop Cups

VN Store

Back