Something has to be done about college football officiating

brockytop

I’ve watched CFB for over 12 hours today—vast majority of games without a dog in the hunt—and on the field officiating is at crisis level. Bad calls, missed calls, horrible marking of the ball—it’s a joke.

Has review simply made them lazy at their jobs or is it the wrong people are getting hired & retained regardless of the quality of their work?

Reactions: adam.vol
During every game I watched today, at some point either close to halftime or the end of the game, the officials stopped the clock and held a conference for absolutely no reason. I don’t get it. Every game this nonsense happens. Sometimes it’s because there’s a review. Sometimes it’s to reset the game or play clock. And sometimes, like today, there’s no explanation at all. I think it happened more than once in the Kentucky game.

During every game I watched today, at some point either close to halftime or the end of the game, the officials stopped the clock and held a conference for absolutely no reason. I don’t get it. Every game this nonsense happens. Sometimes it’s because there’s a review. Sometimes it’s to reset the game or play clock. And sometimes, like today, there’s no explanation at all. I think it happened more than once in the Kentucky game.

Yep, I’ve noticed this as well. Some are genuinely needed, but like you say, some I’ve heard or have no explanation for. Seems very odd. I don’t recall it being like this often in the past.

Reactions: KoachKrab127
With all of the money being thrown around in college football these days, it's time for professional officiating and some accountability for officials.

VN Store

Back