Sooners' Great Defense...?

Hacksaw

BELIEVE THE HEUP!
I keep seeing the storyline of this game as our high-powered offense versus Oklahoma's "great" defense. Many of the talking heads have questioned whether or not our offense has REALLY been tested in our 3-0 start. I have NOT seen the same degree of scrutiny applied to Oklahoma's "great" defense. So, out of genuine curiosity, I took a look at their first 3 opponents, Temple, Houston and Tulane (combined 2024 record to date, 2-7).

Temple was held to a single FG against the Sooners. But Navy also held them down, allowing just 11 points. By comparison, Navy's defense gave up 21 points to Bucknell in Week One.

The Sooners allowed 12 points to Houston in a close game at home. Houston only managed 7 points against UNLV. To be fair, UNLV's results do suggest that they may have a decent defense. The verdict is still out. I submit that the same could be said for OU's defense.

Tulane managed 19 points against the Sooners in what is OU's best win to date.

I don't know what it all means and I'm not drawing any conclusions, but I do find it interesting. I expect the game to be competitive and that OU will play their best game of the season. I also believe that our team will be ready to play at a high level.

Go Vols!!!

Exactly. I think it’s just because their coach is a “great defensive mind“.
They gave up a million points in the big 12 last year. I believe Venable like Dabo benefited from a run of really exception Jimmies and Joes. Neither looks genius with current squads.
I believe if it is close will be because they abuse our back end defense.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
They gave up a million points in the big 12 last year. I believe Venable like Dabo benefited from a run of really exception Jimmies and Joes. Neither looks genius with current squads.
Their pass protection has to hold up for them to even test our secondary.

Not if their QB is on his ass all game.

VN Store

Back