Sorry But I Couldnt Pass this one up

Vol67

MBchamp-vi.jpg

The University of Texas and Mack Brown-MADE FOR EACH OTHER!

Hey, orangetd88, GOOD JOB on that analogy there.

Originally posted by surrealvol@Jan 27, 2005 2:41 PM
The University of Texas and Mack Brown-MADE FOR EACH OTHER!

Hey, orangetd88, GOOD JOB on that analogy there.

Couldn't be truer, could it? LOL

Nope. I believe Cal was arbitrarily voted out of the Rose Bowl.

I am a Horns fan, and I am glad as can be that they won the Rose Bowl, but I truly believe Cal was cheated out.

If Texas deserved to be in the Rose Bowl then Alabama deserved to be in the Sugar and Auburn deserved to be in the Orange. Texas had no business in the Rose Bowl.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Jan 27, 2005 10:12 PM
If Texas deserved to be in the Rose Bowl then Alabama deserved to be in the Sugar and Auburn deserved to be in the Orange. Texas had no business in the Rose Bowl.

and u have no business on this board, because u dont know jack about football. cal got killed by a mediocre texas tech team. MEDIOCRE. KILLED

no. they beat a good michigan team. and cal got killed. what about auburn they got screwed too. hell the vols got screwed. we dominated georgia and they stayed ranked ahead of us. and we won the east, then got screwed in the title game. life sucks. go vols. longhorns deserved it. cal definetly is overrated. texas would demolish cal.

That is reasoning after the fact. After the regular season, there was not ONE good reason to keep Cal out of the Rose Bowl. If any of you can name one besides "Pac-10 sux" I'd be glad to hear it.

yeah checkerboardcharly, i sont see how cal got screwed over. they didnt beat anybody. i dont remeber them beating one solid team. i remeber them almost losing to orgeon, and bearly makeing it out of southern miss with a win. and while all this was happening texas was clicking on all cylinders. plus i think what happened in the bowl games explained it all. there a good team, but they werent a bcs team.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 28, 2005 9:00 PM
That is reasoning after the fact. After the regular season, there was not ONE good reason to keep Cal out of the Rose Bowl. If any of you can name one besides "Pac-10 sux" I'd be glad to hear it.

maybe the fact they struggled to beat southern miss?

a team which alabama btw, annihilated

Originally posted by vols2345@Jan 28, 2005 9:03 PM
yeah checkerboardcharly, i sont see how cal got screwed over. they didnt beat anybody. i dont remeber them beating one solid team. i remeber them almost losing to orgeon, and bearly makeing it out of southern miss with a win. and while all this was happening texas was clicking on all cylinders. plus i think what happened in the bowl games explained it all. there a good team, but they werent a bcs team.

if u will read my post i am defending texas not cal. cal is overrated. i said that.

Originally posted by JSB2277@Jan 28, 2005 6:17 PM

Man, if that win was "barley getting by" then I don't know what a real close game is. Southern Miss was getting nothing done, passing or rushing, and they weren't making any good drives. They had two good drives the whole game. Cal, on the other hand, had numerous good drives, had the ball for over ten minutes more than Southern Miss, had decent passing and racked up 323 rushing yards, thanks in part to a freakin' spectacular game by JJ Arrington.

Yeah... So I guess this means that Cal gets voted out of the number four spot, huh? I fail to see the logic in this. Cal pulled a win that was at the least "pretty good" and get voted out of the Rose Bowl.

So, I ask again; Can anybody give me a good reason as to why Cal got voted out of the Rose Bowl?

Originally posted by milohimself+Jan 28, 2005 9:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Jan 28, 2005 9:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JSB2277@Jan 28, 2005 6:17 PM

Man, if that win was "barley getting by" then I don&#39;t know what a real close game is. Southern Miss was getting nothing done, passing or rushing, and they weren&#39;t making any good drives. They had two good drives the whole game. Cal, on the other hand, had numerous good drives, had the ball for over ten minutes more than Southern Miss, had decent passing and racked up 323 rushing yards, thanks in part to a freakin&#39; spectacular game by JJ Arrington.

Yeah... So I guess this means that Cal gets voted out of the number four spot, huh? I fail to see the logic in this. Cal pulled a win that was at the least "pretty good" and get voted out of the Rose Bowl.

So, I ask again; Can anybody give me a good reason as to why Cal got voted out of the Rose Bowl? [/quote]
POLITICS. that runs this world and always will. the ncaa runs everything in college sports. hell they probably rig the nc game. they do what they want, when they want. get used to it. mack brown took the low road, got down on his hands and knees and gave ****. but texas is the better team.

You can&#39;t even say that. The two teams have not played.

I was glad to see Texas win, leaped outta my chair after that field goal, and even though I love the Longhorns, it still doesn&#39;t change the fact that they didn&#39;t belong there. I&#39;m not pinning it on Mack Brown. I&#39;m pinning it on the voters. Their voting Texas in was entirely arbitrary.

it is their freedom to change the vote if they feel. they can vote for whomever they want. so dont blame them. blame the system milo. it isnt illegal to change ur mind is it?

No its not illiegal to change your mind. But the fact that the coaches poll doesn&#39;t release their votes is preposterous. I mean, we&#39;re talking about a group of people who have a say in their own team&#39;s destiny, and there is no check to make sure they are playing fair and voting in accordance with reality? I remember reading somewhere that in the last week of polling before the BCS, three ballots had Cal drop SIGNIFICANTLY (like down to 7th or 8th) in the coaches poll. But, since the ballots remain anonymous, we have no idea who&#39;s ballots they were.

I have to agree with Milo on this, Cal deserved to be in that game.

VN Store

Back