South Carolina

Yes, their defense was pretty solid. I'll give 'em that and not much else. Their O blows beyond belief. They'd better have their game on much better for Vandy next game or they will lose.

I missed the game... but evidently their D played well, right?

Well that and nc state's O and second-string qb were terrible too....

Downside is though that this beecher kid wont be starting when we play them...they'll be playing smelley based on how the O moved with him in the game at qb

As soon as they put in Smelly they lit up the scoreboard. Their D played great. Offense has lots of room for improvement.

My favorite was beecher's last pick: he hit the db running down the field in stride like he was one of South carolina's wrs :eek:lol:

There has to be something positive when you play like total crap and win 34-0. We played much worse against Lafayette last year in the opener and turned around the next week and beat Georgia in Athens.

The offense certainly needs to get it together, but I'm not terribly worried. Carolina never plays well in the season opener. The road game at Vandy this week will be more of a challenge (NC State has some major problems).

The defense is very solid and I hope they improve as the season progresses. If they can stay healthy, they should be one of the best in the conference. We'll get a better idea of how well they can defend the run this week with a quarterback that rushed for 160+ yards last week.

With all of this said, it should be an interesting season. I was very pleased to see the SEC dominate other teams this weekend (especially over Clemson....it's been scary quiet ever since late Saturday night!) Here's to hoping for more SEC success. Good luck against the Bruins tonight!

I didn't see the game either, but you're saying that the game was closer than the 34-0 score indicated?

How did Beecher beat out Smelley pre-season? Smelley looks ten times the QB Beecher is/was.

So, here's to hoping that Vandy doesn't pull any more wins against bigger SEC programs at home this year... :ermm:

Did anybody else get that funny De Ja Vu feeling last night?

A more talented team goes on the road, heavily outgains an undermanned opponent, stifles the opposing offense for most of the game, but winds up losing due to key penalties, turnovers, and special teams blunders?

VN Store

Back