Southwest Flight Attendant Awarded $5M After Firing Over Abortion Stance

Franklin Pierce

Southwest employee Charlene Carter says Southwest fired her over social media posts regarding abortion that dissented from a union

A federal jury in Texas has awarded a former Southwest flight attendant more than $5 million after the airline fired her over her stance on abortion in a lawsuit dating back to 2017.

The reward in combined compensatory and punitive damages comes after the Transportation Workers Union of America (TWU) Local 556 union and Southwest fired Charlene Carter for her religious stance on abortion, which she publicized on social media.

"Today is a victory for freedom of speech and religious beliefs. Flight attendants should have a voice and nobody should be able to retaliate against a flight attendant for engaging in protected speech against her union," Carter told FOX Business in a Friday statement. "I am so humbled and thankful for today’s decision and for everyone who’s supported me these past five years, including the National Right to Work Foundation."

Southwest flight attendant awarded $5M after firing over abortion stance

Well it does happen to include a union and abortion. That’s like a moth to a flame for a liberal
“Clearance Thomas and Donald Trump shuts down Unions ability to conduct a collective abortion for transgendered black birthing people”

Chuck Todd’s discussion panel this weekend. Get excited!!!

Which in today’s world is unfortunately a rare thing.
Hopefully we won't get in to a situation when Christians are denied life-saving care because they offend the religious temperaments of the provider.

Last edited:
Why would anyone get triggered? Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Are you serious? Your party gets triggered over plastic straws, how many ice cream scoops a president gets and what kind of shoes the First Lady wears. I mean safe spaces were never really a thing until your party threw a hissy fit after Trump won.

So it’s completely normal to assume liberals will get triggered over just about anything.

Southwest employee Charlene Carter says Southwest fired her over social media posts regarding abortion that dissented from a union

A federal jury in Texas has awarded a former Southwest flight attendant more than $5 million after the airline fired her over her stance on abortion in a lawsuit dating back to 2017.

The reward in combined compensatory and punitive damages comes after the Transportation Workers Union of America (TWU) Local 556 union and Southwest fired Charlene Carter for her religious stance on abortion, which she publicized on social media.

"Today is a victory for freedom of speech and religious beliefs. Flight attendants should have a voice and nobody should be able to retaliate against a flight attendant for engaging in protected speech against her union," Carter told FOX Business in a Friday statement. "I am so humbled and thankful for today’s decision and for everyone who’s supported me these past five years, including the National Right to Work Foundation."

Southwest flight attendant awarded $5M after firing over abortion stance

I don’t agree with and never have agreed with unions being able to force workers to pay dues when they don’t belong to the Union and I was a chief shop Stewart in one for over 15 years . Also , I wonder if anyone told her that she could have stopped the % of her dues being donated to politician she didn’t agree with from being donated to them . I should say that a couple of us were able to at our local . ( steel workers )

I thought conservatives were against irrationally large jury awards. Guess not, when it suits their purposes.

VN Store

Back