Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 214 66.3%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 69 21.4%

• Total voters
There are interlocks to allow an astronaut to take manual control of the vehicle if there is a software issue, similar to was on the old Apollo command module. Hopefully, that doesn't have to be used.

I've been watching storm chasers in OK and forgot about tonight's Starliner test launch but it's been scrubbed do to problems with the usually reliable CENTAUR rocket.

how long before Boeing gets another contract to fix this valve and secure another 10 launches (that will never happen)?

meanwhile SpaceX is over here actually working out problems and actually making progress on their next thing. Boeing is so far behind at this point its not even funny.

I would have loved to be able to talk to my uncle about what all is going on.

how long before Boeing gets another contract to fix this valve and secure another 10 launches (that will never happen)?

meanwhile SpaceX is over here actually working out problems and actually making progress on their next thing. Boeing is so far behind at this point its not even funny.

I would have loved to be able to talk to my uncle about what all is going on.

Actually, I saw where this was a fixed price contract and Boeing has had to eat the costs to fix everything. NASA is pretty adamant about getting their six missions out of them and is taking the Goodfellas route of "oh, have a problem? **** you, pay me" attitude.

It's pretty apparent to even those in Congress which companies are getting things done. Right now, SpaceX and Sierra Space are beating the brakes off the "old hat" NASA thought was going to be first into orbit.

I also saw Boeing stated they would not bid on the fixed price contracts like this again since they can't charge the government for work they should have gotten done the first time.

Actually, I saw where this was a fixed price contract and Boeing has had to eat the costs to fix everything. NASA is pretty adamant about getting their six missions out of them and is taking the Goodfellas route of "oh, have a problem? **** you, pay me" attitude.

It's pretty apparent to even those in Congress which companies are getting things done. Right now, SpaceX and Sierra Space are beating the brakes off the "old hat" NASA thought was going to be first into orbit.

I also saw Boeing stated they would not bid on the fixed price contracts like this again since they can't charge the government for work they should have gotten done the first time.
freaking good. its a shame they haven't had competition for so long. thats probably what caused the wheels to fall completely off for them.

Boeing has been raking in money for long enough they shouldn't shed one tear for finally having to do work.

VN Store

Back