Spraggins Injury

Don't know that they actually said specifically. Just that it was a season ending injury to the right leg after the UGA game. Believe it was end of Nov that he was sidelined.

Pretty sure I've read nowhere what type of knee injury Spraggins suffered.

ACL? MCL? Both? Sprain?

Glad he's coming back. Mucho buldozerito.

Exactly. Why the big smoke screen? Back in the day, guy busts his ACL and KNS posts it next day. Don't we as fans deserve a wee bit of knowledge? I guarantee you that *everyone* on the team knows exactly what happened.

Exactly. Why the big smoke screen? Back in the day, guy busts his ACL and KNS posts it next day. Don't we as fans deserve a wee bit of knowledge? I guarantee you that *everyone* on the team knows exactly what happened.
Why do we need to know? I didn't even know he was injured and I've not had any trouble sleeping. I'm sure his teammates know because they're his teammates. You can probably go hang on campus and take a few classes with him and you can find out that way.

No we don’t deserve to know. There are laws now to prevent medical issues being made public. I’m sure there are a few on the Bama board with hep C that are happy it’s that way.

Here he was traveling to the Citrus Bowl still with knee brace and crutches...might be out till Fall Camp?

GCTmPnlWQAAZfZk

Last edited:
I believe two things are involved here. First, medical privacy laws preclude anyone but the injured from revealing the exact problem. I also think coaches prefer not to let out anything that could be used competitively against the team.
Times have changed.

Yep, why all the secrecy? It all started with that flu thing, "Unknown Illness/ Injury". Injury info used to be forthcoming.

Reactions: MontyPython
I agree. Why is it all kept secret? It's stupid and just because there are new rules doesn't make it any less stupid. Those who act like they don't want to know probably aren't being truthful. Human nature is to be curious.

Reactions: MontyPython
Fans do not deserve any information about a personal injury. In fact, there is a law that prohibits release information unless the injured person and his family agree to release the information.

I agree. Why is it all kept secret? It's stupid and just because there are new rules doesn't make it any less stupid. Those who act like they don't want to know probably aren't being truthful. Human nature is to be curious.
Will you please post your entire medical history? I'm curious. Human nature and all.

Why do we need to know? I didn't even know he was injured and I've not had any trouble sleeping. I'm sure his teammates know because they're his teammates. You can probably go hang on campus and take a few classes with him and you can find out that way.

Come on man. I absolutely agree that it's certainly not a fans' *right* to know a player's injury details. But as a fan, it's also normal to be interested about a player's expected recovery time and availability. If that information were consistently relayed, it would seem reasonable.

Well, here's the thing. MontyPy, fans aren't on the team, so don't need to know. The team however has to know so they can make adjustments prior to or during a game. But if you feel it's your right to ignore FERPA and HIPAA laws just a-cause you're nosey or dislike others' right to privacy, I have a suggestion.
If you have surgery. Let's say a vasectomy, or your woman has a C-section birth because the baby had encephalocele and a vestigial tail, we here on VN want to know all about it. Some probably want before and after pictures too. Point is, the thing called privacy exists for valid reasons. I dare say number one reason is because certain doctors, psychologists, priests, lawyers, and so on have blabbermouths that embarrassed and inflicted mental anguish, even sparked harassment on the innocent. Another name for privacy is, "none of your business." Just trying to help. It's not like I'm better than anybody else. Like a good number of us, I had this hammered into my head via experience.

Last edited:
Here he was traveling to the Citrus Bowl still with knee brace and crutches...might be out till Fall Camp?

GCTmPnlWQAAZfZk

Think that is a safe assumption and honestly that's a good thing. We know what we have with him, let's get our other IOL's a lot of looks and reps as they will be fighting it out for the other side.

Come on man. I absolutely agree that it's certainly not a fans' *right* to know a player's injury details. But as a fan, it's also normal to be interested about a player's expected recovery time and availability. If that information were consistently relayed, it would seem reasonable.
why is it reasonable to give out personal medical information to complete strangers and opponents?

If you are really a fan the better argument is that you want whats best for him and team you claim to be a fan of. and I don't see how forcing them to disclose said information is reasonable.

I believe two things are involved here. First, medical privacy laws preclude anyone but the injured from revealing the exact problem. I also think coaches prefer not to let out anything that could be used competitively against the team.
Times have changed.
Medical privacy laws aka HIPPA is only directed at medical professionals who have access to patient information to reveal such information to those not involved in their care. If a lay person learns of that information they are not bound by Hippa. As to your second point that is likely true.

VN Store

Back