Spring Football

vols2345

Volnation's resident sunshine pumper
Lets talk about some spring football. What will you be looking for more than anything when you watch the game. I will be watching how our secondary will stack up aginst our widerecivers. I see a very high scoring game coming. also want to check out our linebackers and d-line. Can't wait to see.

As much as it's gonna cause alot of whining in this room i'm gonna be looking at our QUARTERBACKS and our secondary. I think it will be interesting to see which qb will play the best in the orange and white game and how our secondary will fare with extra playing time under their belts. Get ready for a crapload of points to be scored. :pepper:

LOL....I started a spring practice thread as well. I agree about the D-line. I think we are gonna be super stout up front. I'm excited to see what Bolden looks like. By the way, if you haven't heard. McDaniel is very likely to be back with the team. There is a videotape that shows he was provoked and the charges will be reduced to a misdemeanor.

That is good news. I will be looking hard ast our QB position. Brent said he will be announcing if he is transfering or not a week or so after spring. Maybe we will have an offense like they had in Georgia. Ainge will start and when we get in specail situations you bring in Brent. That would work out for me.

I think I am going to be interested in the RB situation. We all know Riggs is the real deal but who is going to help him out. Foster has been getting high praise and I want to see if he is as good as advertised. And is Williams going to be able to help us back there?

According to someone that is close with the team, the staff is definitely higher on Foster at RB than they are J Williams. I think Williams in gonna end up being like a Tinsley type player. I think Yancey is a solid backup, he was very good when he got a chance. We are thin at RB when it comes a real proven back. But, that how it is for a lot of teams. You just have to have the guys you recruited to step up and all indications are that Foster is gonna be very much able to do that. He looked great on the scout team.

I'd like to see Yancey take over the hb position after riggs leaves. But people have said he's not big enough to be an every-down back.

I think "people" said that about Travis Stephens also. Look what happened their.

I have heard nothing but good things about Foster. I would think Riggs and Foster could really put a battering on the defense with the size that they have. I hear that Yancey is doing well but may have trouble overtaking Foster and a healthy Coker. I know we don't usually throw freshman RB into the fray that much but I hope Coker gets a chance, as he is that home run type back we have needed since TS departed.

It will also be fun seeing how Holbert and Anderson progress. Anderson had a great game against UGA and Holbert looked good in the South Carolina game. (they had other moments, those just seem to stick out the most to me).

Well, back to work !

I think Coker will see some time. Not only was he a great running back, but some were saying he was the best RB in the country when it came to catching out of the backfield.

I think Corey Anderson is gonna be an absolute beast. 270lbs thats runs and catches like he does. I think he has a chance to be the best FB in the country. I know Coach Fulmer feels the same way about him.

unless needed Coker and Hardesty will redshirt. Look for the RB set up to be 1. Riggs (just hope the off-season press doesn't go to his head) 2. Foster 3. Williams 4. Yancey.

OB's 1. Ainge 2. Clausen 3. Schaeffer 4. Cooter 5. Hardegree

How do you see our reciver corp set up. 1 to 4 what do you think.

I forgot all about williams. Did he get redshirted last year?

I also want to see if were gonna wrap up and tackle this year or are we gonna have a hundered miss tackles again.

Yeah, I know that he is bigger and faster. I'm still not sure if he will overtake Yancey. Yancey has great vision.

Williams is one of the fastest players on the team, but that doesn't always mean eveything. Jonathan Wade is the fastest player on the team and he has struggled big-time.

Wade has been jockeyed around more than Man O War was. He will be fine by start of Football season.

I like Yancey but I KNOW Fulmer and you can bet on Yancey falling to 4th team.

Our tackling has been poor for a few years now. I'm not sure why that is. It seems like we were in position to make a lot of plays last year that we didn't make due to missed tackles.

As far as WRs' go, I would have it like this:
Robert Meachem
Jayson Swain
Bret Smith
Chris Hannon or CJ Fayton

I'm not a huge Hannon fan. He has a lot of trouble getting off the line and runs poor routes. He has great size and speed but hasn't used them to his advantage.

By the way, Josh Briscoe has been very impressive in 7-on-7 drills since arriving to campus. He is very fast, runs good routes, and has very good hands.

thats good to here. Can't wait to see what he can do.

Wait till the VN gets a peek at Demonte Bolden. Hope Arian Foster is as good as the coaches reported. Hope Rick Clausen keeps improving as he did late last season. Should be interesting to watch.

Attachments

• sy44.jpg
    sy44.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0
one thing to add on Williams. I have heard that the coaches had hoped he would show more vision than what he has displayed thus far. So maybe Williams is a better athlete than Yancey but Yancey may have better vision at this point. I thought Yancey was pretty nifty through the line last year, even though he did not wow you with speed, he was still pretty effective. I think it is going to be interesting to see how Williams does in the spring.

VN Store

Back