Spurrier Turns Down Florida

I kinda figured he would turn it down.I was hoping for Fulmer to get some more shot's at whoppin his :shakeit: .I always dreaded the Florida games and Spurrier having our number,but it isn't as sweet beating Florida and not having Spurrier at the helm.

eating gator gumbo is sweet no matter who's coaching :ph34r:

Wow, I don't know whether to be happy or sad...

Personally, I think he's scared to come back since Fulmer started to figure him out :eek:lol: .

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@Nov 4, 2004 1:24 PM
Wow, I don't know whether to be happy or sad...

Personally, I think he's scared to come back since Fulmer started to figure him out :eek:lol: .

I'm not quite sure how to feel about it either.

Originally posted by bdbaggins@Nov 4, 2004 2:17 PM
We need him in the SEC.  He makes the conference better as a whole.

:cool: He doesn't want to come back to florida, he knows tennessee and the other sec teams will beat his :shakeit:

Originally posted by bdbaggins@Nov 4, 2004 2:17 PM
We need him in the SEC.  He makes the conference better as a whole.

The conference was fine before Florida started winning in the '90s, and IMHO, the conference will be fine with them back being mediocre. Remember, while Florida was up... Georgia was down. Now the Dawgs have been ranked highly the last 3 seasons. Historically, the top 3 teams (winning pct) in the SEC are Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. Florida was 7th in SEC winning pct prior to 1990.... let them return to the depths of the SEC.

What the SEC really needs is for Kentucky to start playing better on a more consistant basis and give Vanderbilt an ultimatum to compete or get out. Especially now that they are going to correctly calculate graduation rates to account for transfers and draft picks.

Originally posted by volslayer@Nov 4, 2004 3:24 PM
Where do yall think he will coach next.

I know what you're getting at Slayer. If he couldn't work things out to coach in Gainesville, I can't believe that he would be coaching at SC anytime soon.

I'm going with the Miami Dolphins.

Some of the latest topics from GSMB:

Thanks Foley...
Spurriers unmet demands..
Are Foley and Meachen Village Idiots...
Foley and Meachen messed it up...
Are We Screwed?..
Is Foley the real Problem?..
Does anyone want the HBC job?

and my personal favorite:
From Vol Fans Everywhere: Our Condolences

You gotta love it.

If I was Zook, I think I'd walk out on them. It's bad enough that they publicly canned the head coach in the middle of the season and then asked him to finish out the year, but now they are basically having open auditions in the middle of the season for his job.

...and I thought Auburn looked bad with the way the treated Tuberville. :blink:

Originally posted by Memphis_Volunteer@Nov 4, 2004 6:36 PM
With or without, Spurrier we have always dominated Florida.

You obviously didn't follow football in the mid 1990's. :blink:

Originally posted by GAVol+Nov 4, 2004 7:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Nov 4, 2004 7:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Memphis_Volunteer@Nov 4, 2004 6:36 PM
With or without, Spurrier we have always dominated Florida.

You obviously didn&#39;t follow football in the mid 1990&#39;s. :blink: [/quote]
:lol:

VN Store

Back