State Legislature Nedds To Step In

LookinUp

....and rescue UT from all of it's Tom Foolery. Pass legislation forbidding ANY buyouts to any state, governmental or employees of the state or employees of institutions with ties to the state.

I detest government but this is something way past needed. Contracts would be written, and paid accordingly, for work done and not for sitting at the house when let go.

....and rescue UT from all of it's Tom Foolery. Pass legislation forbidding ANY buyouts to any state, governmental or employees of the state or employees of institutions with ties to the state.

I detest government but this is something way past needed. Contracts would be written, and paid accordingly, for work done and not for sitting at the house when let go.
Ummmm, NO. If the coach can get his representatives to get him the Best contract Available, more power to him. We DONT NEED ANYMORE Government control.

No State Legislatures do not need to get involved in College Athletics!

No-Memes-19.jpg

Remember how North Carolina's legislature a couple of years ago passed some state laws concerning the use of bathrooms? And it became part of that whole trans-gender mess? And the NCAA decided there would be no NCAA tournaments in the state of NC as long as that law existed?

I'm not introducing that event for discussion. Don't care about the politics of it, either way. The politics of it don't belong in this forum. But the effect on college sport does. North Carolina disadvantaged its college teams for making a decision without considering all the second-order effects.

A second-order effect of a Tennessee law like the one you propose would disadvantage the University of Tennessee (and all other UT campuses) for as long as it stood. Every other school in the Power 5, including Vandy since that's a private school, would be able to attract coaches far beyond what we could. We would immediately put ourselves out of contention forever (or until the law were repealed).

Golden parachutes have become a fact of life in college football coaching contracts. Nationwide. If any single state tries to buck that trend on its own, that state will suffer a massive self-inflicted wound.

No thank you.

You want to get rid of buyout clauses, you'll need to address change across the entirety of the marketplace. Not just 1/50th of it.

Reactions: Border Vol

Think this through logically and you will figure out how insanely idiotic it is. You want to make a situation worse this is how you do it.

Obligatory - how do you think the UTAD is funded?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

VN Store

Back