Statement from Fulmer

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
From UTSports

Lawsuit Dismissed

Aug. 2, 2004

The following statement is from Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer regarding Monday's dismissal of a defamation lawsuit filed by Kenny Smith in Tuscaloosa, Ala., against Coach Fulmer.

"It is a good day for the coaching profession and the NCAA system of self-governance. I have been confident all along that we did what was right, the system would work, and it has.

"As this lawsuit went along, it became apparent that the controversial attorneys pressing the suit had as their goal the erosion of the entire NCAA process. One of the attorneys even admitted that as their goal last week.

"Today's judgment was not a surprise to me, and the desire to get to this point is what motivated me to participate in SEC Media Days by teleconference rather than be there in person.

"I appreciate my university administration, my football team, the Tennessee people and my fellow coaches for standing with me on this matter."

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Aug 2, 2004 9:46 PM
What's he gonna say when the idiots APPEAL?

:machinegun:

He will most likely say :furious3: or :biteme: either way will all say :good:
and play some FOOTBALL :rocks:

From what I heard on the radio the judge said the only way this goes back into a court room is IN KNOXVILLE. I dont see them even trying that. Its over and done with and Im glad Now CPF can put all his energy into the task at hand, leading our VOLS to the SEC title!!!!!! :thumbsup:

That's just one lawsuit, though isn't it? The Cottrell, Williams, Gallion mess won't be heard till 2005!

:shakehead:

Expect a new suit to be filed in Tennessee.. This was done a technicality. CPF is not off the hook yet... He will not get away with the crime!

And telling the truth became a crime when???

Oh, I forgot, you're a Bammer.

VN Store

Back