Steelers QB passed away

Reports are he was on the way back to the airport to head back to Pittsburgh. I'm guessing he had some sort of car trouble and got out of the car and that's when he was hit?

As has been announced this morning on the news, he was crossing I-595 highway when he was hit and killed. I wonder if we will ever hear to whole story....

Living up here in B1G country, I recall Haskins absolutely lit it up at OSU.

As a good friend says all the time "Hug your Mama and Daddy, 'cause you never know when you won't be able."

Life can be over in a second. Always live life to the fullest and let the ones you love know what they mean to you cause you don't know which day is gonna be your last

Reactions: GTBATV
RIP...lived in South FL and that Hwy is crazy. Really like to know the full details as they have been sketchy at best.

It's looking quite likely that Haskins committed suicide. Investigators have not made that assertion--but it's what hasn't been said that may be telling. Investigators have said that Haskins was walking along the highway for "unknown reasons"--and have never said that he had car trouble. If he wasn't on the highway because of car trouble, then why would he be out there? I can only think of one reason. Meanwhile, a witness who was driving in the left lane, has said that he saw an individual walking out into the right-hand lane of the highway and worried that the man was going to get hit. About 4 minutes later, the call came into police that a person had been hit. The witness also said he did not see a car on the side of the highway anywhere near where Haskins was walking. Sad development.

It's looking quite likely that Haskins committed suicide. Investigators have not made that assertion--but it's what hasn't been said that may be telling. Investigators have said that Haskins was walking along the highway for "unknown reasons"--and have never said that he had car trouble. If he wasn't on the highway because of car trouble, then why would he be out there? I can only think of one reason. Meanwhile, a witness who was driving in the left lane, has said that he saw an individual walking out into the right-hand lane of the highway and worried that the man was going to get hit. About 4 minutes later, the call came into police that a person had been hit. The witness also said he did not see a car on the side of the highway anywhere near where Haskins was walking. Sad development.

I'm not buying that...he had just finished a workout with teammates and was seemingly in a good place. Just doesn't make sense you finish a work out, park your car and run into the highway to kill yourself.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

911 calls reveal Dwayne Haskins was walking to get gas when struck, killed by dump truck

The released 911 calls detail a woman reporting the incident and screaming for Haskins to get off the highway. The second call is from Haskins’ wife, Kalabrya, who said she was unable to reach her husband after he initially called her and said he was trying to get gas for his car.

“We were on the phone and he said he would call me after he got gas,” Kalabrya Haskins told the dispatcher. “I kept calling and kept calling and he wasn’t answering. Eventually, after 10 minutes of calling the phone, eventually it cut off. It’s not working now. I had his location. I just want somebody to go to the area and see if his car is there and if he’s OK and if anything happened to him.”

The dispatcher relayed that an incident had been reported at Haskins’ location and that responders were en route to the scene.

In the first 911 call, a woman frantically screams for someone to get “out of the road.” After about a minute, she reconnects with the dispatcher and said she witnessed a man being hit on the interstate.

“There was a man hit in front of me,” she said. “I was traveling the road, and I saw a dump truck hit a man.”

I'm not buying that...he had just finished a workout with teammates and was seemingly in a good place. Just doesn't make sense you finish a work out, park your car and run into the highway to kill yourself.
I don't know, pretty f'n hard to not see (or hear) a dump truck coming.

Seemingly in a good place is not an indicator for not being suicidal*.

*not saying it was suicide

Last edited:

VN Store

Back