StePhaun Raines

ejb8910

Any thoughts on this kid. Rivals video looked good but we beat MTSU, Arkansas and others-in other words not too highly recruited. Will he play WR or DB? 4 years of eligibility because he has not played for 2 years.

I wouldn't count out a 6'0" CB who runs a 4.4. Sure, he was 2 stars, but who cares. People were getting their jollies off about Art Evans, but Raines has essentially the same measurables.

i would be more apt to think he redshirted so he wouldnt burn up a year he could play here but i could be wrong

he will come in now able to play 4 years

On this sites recruiting page for 2006 this Stephaun Raines name is listed and Rae Sykes is not-why?????

On this sites recruiting page for 2006 this Stephaun Raines name is listed and Rae Sykes is not-why?????

Sykes was in the 07 class and will be a juco for 09. If we get them all back, we will have a good group coming in from juco next year.

Yes I see about Sykes. Why was Raines name in the 2006 list and this years list? Did we gain/lose a 2006scholarship based on his academics?

I don't want to start a huge discussion about the value of ranking stars, etc.....but is his zero star status still causing our average stars to be below 3 on Rivals? It is kind of funny that we have a host of 3's a few 4's ... and an average of like 2.9 or something. Is he zero stars or just unranked? It almost seems like a glitch in their recruiting ranking formula.....or maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

I don't want to start a huge discussion about the value of ranking stars, etc.....but is his zero star status still causing our average stars to be below 3 on Rivals? It is kind of funny that we have a host of 3's a few 4's ... and an average of like 2.9 or something. Is he zero stars or just unranked? It almost seems like a glitch in their recruiting ranking formula.....or maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

He won't be here until next year anyways. In the end, it won't affect our average or ranking because he is just committed and will not sign. Unless, of course, I mixed up the dates.

Actually, I just glanced again...and it is Raines and Hughes....our avg. stars are 2.75. Like I said though, I don't mean that as a sky is falling statement....I was just wondering if these guys were unevaluated or actually zero stars. If they are unevaluated, then Rivals should probably change their "ranking" system a bit so that people don't argue the sky is indeed falling.

Yes I see about Sykes. Why was Raines name in the 2006 list and this years list? Did we gain/lose a 2006scholarship based on his academics?
Raines committed to UT out of HS but didn't qualify so he committed to us again at JUCO. He didn't cost us a scholly other than the one he will be getting now.

VN Store

Back