5 AU 12-9 4.0
6 VU 10-9 4.5
7 LS 11-10 5.0
8 AL 9-12 7.0
9 TN 8-13 8.0
10 KY 7-14 9.0
11 MS 5-16 11.0
12 GA 3-16 13.0

Due to weather, Vandy was only able to play one game against Georgia. Although they stretched their lead percentage wise. Not playing the worst team in the league 3 times will hurt. Georgia was ahead on Saturday in game #2.

Alabama was not swept at South Carolina. Thus they keep their one game lead over Tennessee.

Arkansas plays at Ole Miss this weekend. The winner will likely be the west champion.

Tennessee needs a sweep somewhere. Although Georgia is 3-16. They are playing better lately too. This will likely be our last good chance for sweep barring collapse by Alabama in final weekend.

Florida is at Alabama. Need Gators to win series. A sweep is not out of question.

Miss State is at Auburn. Miss State could be in all reality eliminated this weekend.

South Carolina goes to Kentucky. A sweep by the #1 team could leave Kentucky in dust as well.

The winner of the Vanderbilt/LSU series will solidify their place in Hoover. The loser (especially if swept) could be in danger.

Vols hold tiebreakers against Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Miss State holds tiebreaker on Vols.

The top-5 teams are solidly in tournament. UGA is all but eliminated with 9 games to play

If this team keeps playing the way they have after the last few weeks, they are in. It has been an amazing job of regrouping after a very pathetic start. I am not sure where the credit should go, but Raleigh had to be feeling his rear getting warm (and rightfully so...). If he is responsible, then great, but I'm leaning more toward the players playing for pride. If they make the tournament, this will be my favorite UT baseball team during my time at the university.

UGA is terrible....the question is will they be motivated enough the rest of the year knowing they have NO postseason shot at all....I saw UGA's team ERA is above 8, so if Polk, Hawn, and Forsythe do damage this weekend we've got a shot at a sweep....of course we'll have to get good pitching from Morgado this weekend, who's been pathetic lately

Bama's remaining schedule....home against Florida and Ole Miss...away at TN
Kentucky's....home against South Carolina and LSU....away at UGA
MS State's....home against Auburn....at Vandy....home against LSU

I really like our chances of finishing in 8th...the key is that we HAVE to win at least 4 of 6 against UGA and Bama and NOT get swept at Auburn

We also have to hope Bama doesn't win both of their home series....if so we're toast

I have a feeling we'll be 1 game back to Bama going into the last series...whoever wins the series gets in

UGA is terrible....the question is will they be motivated enough the rest of the year knowing they have NO postseason shot at all....I saw UGA's team ERA is above 8, so if Polk, Hawn, and Forsythe do damage this weekend we've got a shot at a sweep....of course we'll have to get good pitching from Morgado this weekend, who's been pathetic lately

Although UGA is dastardly, they are Young Pups starting a cadre of frosh and sophs. Which are, at this point in the season, doggone :p nearly sophs and juns.

They have every reason to finish strong as they are playing themselves into respect for the following years.

As the Empire State Of The South, they have a strong heritage and much to bark about. :crazy:

Fear them as we falter to the finish. :vava:

UGA is awful so we should beat them, however I don't trust this team with Raleigh at the helm. Hello Phil Garner?

VN Store

Back