Student Loan Forgiveness?

GoodTimeVol

Has anybody here actually applied for this? I get that it’s essentially BS for the Gov to pay for ppl’s student loans and this really just boils down to buying votes, but has anyone here applied for it and have had the loan payed?

Second the biggest obstacle I noticed from the “criteria” for the ppl is that you had to have made 10 years worth of payment to the loan for the application to be accepted or at least that is one of the criteria they post on their website. However when I call their loan forgiveness hotline the worker had no clue of the criteria posted on the web…

Are they that inept? Most government run organizations are very inept btw so ppl who have only payed maybe 7 years worth of their loan should apply for this in my mind….anyway just wanted to see if anybody has actually tried knowing they don’t fit the criteria yet and if so have you received any feedback?

Btw this is not for me I went the military route years ago and had my college paid for that way..

Has anybody here actually applied for this? I get that it’s essentially BS for the Gov to pay for ppl’s student loans and this really just boils down to buying votes, but has anyone here applied for it and have had the loan payed?

Second the biggest obstacle I noticed from the “criteria” for the ppl is that you had to have made 10 years worth of payment to the loan for the application to be accepted or at least that is one of the criteria they post on their website. However when I call their loan forgiveness hotline the worker had no clue of the criteria posted on the web…

Are they that inept? Most government run organizations are very inept btw so ppl who have only payed maybe 7 years worth of their loan should apply for this in my mind….anyway just wanted to see if anybody has actually tried knowing they don’t fit the criteria yet and if so have you received any feedback?

Btw this is not for me I went the military route years ago and had my college paid for that way..
Several of my wife's coworkers (nonprofit orgs) have logged in to their accounts and suddenly saw $0 balances. I think this happened during the wave of Biden forgiveness and not as part of the regular 120 payment forgiveness program. They didn't apply for anything but had made payments for years.

I think I remember seeing dedicated Reddit/Facebook groups on this topic that would be a better resource. I remember reading some scary stat like 2% of people that applied actually received the forgiveness, but I think those numbers have gone up considerably after a program overhaul.

"A federal judge in Missouri on Thursday temporarily blocked President Biden's student loan handout just one day after a judge in Georgia had permitted the plan to move forward."

VN Store

Back