Summer workout program question

VolFanNC09

With all the attention on the recruiting success, i haven t seen much on the summer workout program.

Was reading the Jenkins article and it said they did 52 110 yard sprints at Neyland last week. I haven't really seen much else..

Any news on how the 7 on 7 are going? Is Worley out there every day throwing to the WRs?

workouts are more "old school" than with mckeefrey. jones doesn't believe in 7 on 7 - they aren't allowed to do it

Every year the team touts how much different their offseason S&C program is. I prefer them to just keep it low-key. Let the rest of the SEC and even Oregon figure out they got some juice, when the lights come on and the whistle blows.

From an article a few days/weeks ago - apparently the O-line has slimmed down and the -D-line has bulked up. I've heard nothing regarding 7 vs. 7. I would hope that is going on right now at least once a day along with weights/running.

Reactions: 1 person
Jones dont believe in 7 0n 7!?.... come on bro, stop making up stuff

wah wah wah....maybe you need to do your research. Jones doesn't allow players to play "pick up" basketball or compete in 7 on 7 bc of injuries. Vols, Butch

From an article a few days/weeks ago - apparently the O-line has slimmed down and the -D-line has bulked up. I've heard nothing regarding 7 vs. 7. I would hope that is going on right now at least once a day along with weights/running.

As someone else mentioned, Butch doesn't allow unsupervised 7-on-7, believing that it develops and reinforces poor technique and bad habits. The QBs throw with their receivers, and the defense does drills, but the team is not doing any 7-on-7 work.

Offense: the main focus is on timing and running the right patterns for the play called. O-line and D-line will be focusing on fundamentals. Palardy and crew will practice kicking under pressure situations such as noise, hurry up and water boarding.

All should still be on a heavy regiment of aerobic conditioning, strength training and agility.

Offense: the main focus is on timing and running the right patterns for the play called. O-line and D-line will be focusing on fundamentals. Palardy and crew will practice kicking under pressure situations such as noise, hurry up and water boarding.

All should still be on a heavy regiment of aerobic conditioning, strength training and agility.

Love the mental image of Palardy being waterboarded after a missed extra point!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back