Summer Workouts

BTW, rumors are circulating about us losing Des Williams (our FB) due to a torn pec, which would be 3-5 weeks into the season....

:sighs:

Bad news never ends

Yup thats what I heard this am as well CD. I hate to lose him but we should be fine with Brandon Sutherland and Ware and Lumpkin cross trained at fullback

Can you guys believe that those poor guys are about to have to go through two a days in this heat?!? The heat index hit 105 today in my neck of the woods. :puke:

A couple of the local high schools actually started practice on Monday. That has got to suck royally.

Yes it does. I remeber those two a days, didn't know if you wanted to puke, passout or go home. Just plain ole nasty anyway you look at it.

It ain't quite 105 here in Oregon, but the summer heat is pretty crappy as well. Usually gets well up in the 90's and we have two-a-days for three straight weeks.

And sometimes I wonder why I quit...

According to UT S&C Coach this will be his strongest most conditioned team he has had at UT. That should be scarey

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 20, 2005 5:22 PM
oh yeah, its hot here too, heat index hit 115 here today :(
[snapback]116286[/snapback]​

That's all?? We laugh at 115 out here! But seriously, it's a dry heat. Kinda feels like sticking your head into an oven.

That's why all the AZ teams go up north to Flagstaff for their workouts.

Originally posted by utvolpj@Jul 20, 2005 4:34 PM
That's all??  We laugh at 115 out here!  But seriously, it's a dry heat.  Kinda feels like sticking your head into an oven.

[snapback]116290[/snapback]​

Yeah my cousins and aunt and uncle live out in glendale, hot as balls out there, but oklahoma usually doenst get to feel at 115...locals go :blink: at 105, lol, it gets hot here, not mind numbing hot though (thankfully)

Originally posted by CajunDawg@Jul 20, 2005 2:27 PM
But in Oregon they dont have much humidity...right?
[snapback]116282[/snapback]​

Nah, we get the good dry heat.

And I know the heat you guys are talking about. I've been to Florida in early August before. :blink: Worst humidity I've ever felt was in Ohio though...

Originally posted by utvolpj@Jul 20, 2005 3:34 PM
That's all??  We laugh at 115 out here!  But seriously, it's a dry heat.  Kinda feels like sticking your head into an oven.

[snapback]116290[/snapback]​

I've talked to some guys that have been to Iraq, that cool down when it's 115. U-T? You got any experience with the heat? I hear it's hotter than a bull's balls out in the middle east.

VN Store

Back