Surgery For Hall

OWB

Never
Staff member
"Tennessee defensive end Jason Hall will join a long list of football players who will be limited or miss spring drills.

Hall, a returning starter, will undergo shoulder surgery next week and at the very least will be limited until fall drills.

Other defensive linemen who are out or limited this spring include end Parys Haralson (knee), redshirt freshman end Robert Ayers (shoulder), tackle Turk McBride (wrist) and tackle Tony McDaniel (suspension)."

Not to sound too gloomy and doomy, the season hasn't even started yet and our guys are dropping like flies! :shakehead:

It's early. Get 'em cut on and sewed up, rehabbed, and fitted with that new space-age military bionic armor before fall.

Yeah I don't think it's that big a deal. No point in putting somebody who is even slightly banged up through Spring practice. In a way, it's good because some of the young guys will see more reps.

Originally posted by vols2345@Mar 4, 2005 3:08 PM
opps posted them in the wrong place.

You have ruined my thread 2345!!!!!!! :shakehead:

B)

I don't think its that big of a deal. Most of the guys that will be out or limited are already proven and all of them should be ready for fall practices. That is enough time for thise veterans to get ready.

I agree with GAVol, this really gives some of our younger players a chance to get some experience and enhance our depth. We know what Jason Hall and Haralson are all about. This gives Xavier Mitchell and Antonio Reynolds a chance to shine. Both looked like very promosing prospects with their play last year. I was under the impression that Ayers will be ready to go. With a proven Turk McBride and Tony McDaniel out, that really gives some people like Jared Hostetler and Demonte Bolden a chance to do some things. By the way, Tony McDaniel looks good as far as being able to come back with the team. Charges are expected to be reduced to a misdemeanor and thongs look good on that front.

With LBs like Omar Gaither,Kevin Simon, and Marvin Mitchell out, that gives someone like Daniel Brooks a chance to prove himself.

This is not all bad if you ask me.

I agree that it will give some young guys a good chance and there is nothing bad about that. I just hope that the injured guys can get over these injuries by the time the season starts. If not, then we are looking at a potential depth problem on our D line.

These are not significant injuries at all. All fo those guys are proen besides Ayers and he is supposed to be real good. Like some of you said, this gives some younger guys more reps against the 1st team O-Line and more overall reps. These injuries could be a blessing in disguise.

VN Store

Back