Syracuse at Memphis

hatvol96

Apparently, Jim Boeheim is now embracing playing true road games during the nonconference season. The Orangemen will travel to FeF to play the Tigers next season.

O, and you forgot that they will take their beating and head back to the Big east, much like Georgetown did a year ago. Good to see we have a decent home schedule this year unlike a couple years ago when all the big ones were on the road.

Memphis has Georgetown and UT on the road this year. Cal does a good job of scheduling.

That's how it works. It simply proves that nobody plays a tougher nonconference schedule than Memphis.
I know that's how it works, that's why I was pointing it out to UTC because he said Cal was doing great scheduling as though those were new spots on the schedule. All of the Tigers out of conference games this year (excluding the pre season tournament games) were at home this past year. Here's hoping his new guys pick up the system early and he replaces staff losses with equal talent.

Here's hoping his new guys pick up the system early and he replaces staff losses with equal talent.
I agree but am a little more concerned that they pick up the team first attitude that the leaving guys had. I am interested to see who he brings in as far as staff goes. Penny? :peace2: :whistling:

What can we expect to see from Memphis next year? Final four?

It is possible, but not likely. They will still get a #1 more than likely, but unless CDR pulls his name out of the draft (not sure if he hired an agent), I would say S16 or E8. If CDR returns, then I would say F4 is an extreme possibility. Though losing Dorsey will hurt more than losing Rose.

It is possible, but not likely. They will still get a #1 more than likely, but unless CDR pulls his name out of the draft (not sure if he hired an agent), I would say S16 or E8. If CDR returns, then I would say F4 is an extreme possibility. Though losing Dorsey will hurt more than losing Rose.
:salute:

:lolabove:

SS is a legitimate goal for Memphis and would result in a very good season. Anything more would be a bonus. And CDR is not coming back. Cal actually said today that he is telling Anderson and Dozier to put their names in the draft but that is just more Cal-talk. They MIGHT test the waters but they will be back.

If I remember while Dorsey was in the NCG, we held about a 5-7 point lead. After he fouled out I believe there was 12-14 poiint swing.

None, but CDR also wasn't the CDR he was this year in those years. I'm not denying Rose was the key, but you saw how much of a difference Dorsey made down low on Arthur and co. When he was out KU put it on the Tigers.

I just am flabbergasted that a Memphis fan would state that losing Dorsey will hurt more than losing Rose...

I also meant to add we have another top-tier player coming in to replace Rose and have no defensive presence left down low with Dorsey out.

I also meant to add we have another top-tier player coming in to replace Rose and have no defensive presence left down low with Dorsey out.
Tyreke Evans isn't going to play the point. Going from Derrick Rose to Willie Kemp is going from Steak Au Poivre at Craftsteak in Vegas to the sirloin at Sizzler in Jerkwater, USA.

Tyreke Evans isn't going to play the point. Going from Derrick Rose to Willie Kemp is going from Steak Au Poivre at Craftsteak in Vegas to the sirloin at Sizzler in Jerkwater, USA.
Agreed. I am not sure anyone will "replace" Rose, in fact, I am sure of it.

Andre will be missed
Agreed. Willie is just not a PG that can take a team past the SS or maybe the EE. Andre helped a lot 2 years ago on the EE run.

VN Store

Back