Tailgating question

TMatthews19

Mods feel free to move if necessary.

I'll be tailgating for the first time Saturday. Since I am a rookie I need some help. Where are some of the better spots to set up? Are spots reserved or first come first serve? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated from my fellow Vol brethren.

Thanks and GBO!

Just Turn on P. Fulmer Way off of Cumberland and just park in the lot next to the stadium. Enjoy!

Reactions: 1 person
Best to just drive to campus. Look around and find a place that looks suitable to you. The best tailgate party is the closest tailgate party

Reactions: 2 people
Mods feel free to move if necessary.

I'll be tailgating for the first time Saturday. Since I am a rookie I need some help. Where are some of the better spots to set up? Are spots reserved or first come first serve? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated from my fellow Vol brethren.

Thanks and GBO!

I hate it when I am no the interstate and people tailgate me. I don' understand why they won't just change lanes and pass me.....

Parking lots on campus require a parking pass.. For season ticket holders/donors.

Parking lots around 17 th and White are good , just off of Cumberland. Usually 30 to 45 dollars, first come first serve. Usually good crowds and lots of fun. Enjoy

I saw a few folks drop off their tailgate stuff right beside gate 10 between the stadium and TBA on Saturday. If your willing to drop your stuff off and leave it during the game that might work. You would have to get there very early and wait a few hours after the game to get your stuff.

No parking pass needed. Just have to park and walk in

Can I high jack this thread and ask where is the best and closest place to camp with a camper? We have been wanting to do this for a while and we are going to do it this year. Sorry OP! THX!

I saw a few folks drop off their tailgate stuff right beside gate 10 between the stadium and TBA on Saturday. If your willing to drop your stuff off and leave it during the game that might work. You would have to get there very early and wait a few hours after the game to get your stuff.

No parking pass needed. Just have to park and walk in

That is a large group that has been at that spot for about 10 years. I think they have special permission to be there. If you drop your stuff off, it might get "moved".

That is a large group that has been at that spot for about 10 years. I think they have special permission to be there. If you drop your stuff off, it might get "moved".

and they are probably tailgating with those with a parking pass for this particular lot.. it's very exclusive (well it is) and one can't just tailgate in there..

Can I high jack this thread and ask where is the best and closest place to camp with a camper? We have been wanting to do this for a while and we are going to do it this year. Sorry OP! THX!

The only thing I know of is on the Ag campus. There's a big lot that they turn into RV parking. Obviously wouldn't have water and electrical hookups if that's what you mean by camping, but I think you can stay there overnight.

and they are probably tailgating with those with a parking pass for this particular lot.. it's very exclusive (well it is) and one can't just tailgate in there..

If you get there first and set up, I say make them move you.

The only thing I know of is on the Ag campus. There's a big lot that they turn into RV parking. Obviously wouldn't have water and electrical hookups if that's what you mean by camping, but I think you can stay there overnight.

There are quite a few on top of the colusiem parking garage

Alot of spots off of cumberland behind the tin roof (old o'charleys), usually $20 to $30 depending on the game. Should be pretty crowded for this game. GBO!

I thought the same until Saturday. A group pulled their car up there around 4hrs before Gametime and unloaded their car. A few folks stayed there while they parked their car. Small strip of grass between the garage and the road was the spot.

If we are talking about this weekend it will be a light tailgating crowd. Early start causes that.

No this is the grassy area just outside of the garage. They have a special tailgating trailer, multiple tents, tv's, and I think they had a dj last week.

There is also a group between the garage and TBA that is connected with BKW, Big Kahuna Wings. They do have permission and are allowed to sell food. They also have a cop there for crowd control.

No this is the grassy area just outside of the garage. They have a special tailgating trailer, multiple tents, tv's, and I think they had a dj last week.

There is also a group between the garage and TBA that is connected with BKW, Big Kahuna Wings. They do have permission and are allowed to sell food. They also have a cop there for crowd control.

Exact spot I saw a car drop off stuff last week. It appeared they just showed up without any permission. I never saw any help from cops or officials.

I could be wrong though.

They just had a table a little food and drinks. No where close to as elaborate as the other crowd there

The parking lot at the Soccer/Softball Stadium has been used for RV's in the past. I assume it still is. I don't know anything about the process to get a parking pass or credentials.

VN Store

Back