Checkerboard Cheese and Sausage Chowder

8 ozs. reduced-fat smoked sausage
3/4 cup each whole-kernel corn & frozen onion seasoning blend
1-2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
2 cups water
8 ozs. medium sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup milk

Cook sausage, corn and onion seasoning blend in butter in medium saucepan over medium heat 4-5 minutes.

Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add water and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low and add cheese, stirring until melted.

Add milk; cook until hot 4-5 minutes (do not boil).

For a second there I thought I just logged on to VolNation and saw a recipe. I must be dreaming....and I can't wake up. :snoring: :snoring:

Originally posted by Volstorm@Aug 22, 2004 12:53 AM
Need recipe for 7-layer dip.

7 Layer Dip
1 16-ounce can refried beans
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 large avocados
2 teaspoons grated onion
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
½ cup black olives, sliced

In a small bowl, mash the refried beans with a fork to soften and stir in the garlic and cumin. Thin the bean mixture, if necessary, with a little water, milk, or, preferably, sour cream. Spread the bean (dip) evenly on a large serving platter. Cut the avocados in half, lengthwise, and removing the seeds. Scoop the meat into a small bowl; mash with a fork and stir in the grated onion. Carefully spread the avocado (dip) onto the bean dip to within ½" of the edge of the bean dip.

Add the remaining layers one at a time, each to within ½" of the last layer, in this order: sour cream, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, green onions, tomatoes, and black olives. Whoops! That’s 8 layers. Quick, eat a layer! Serve with tortilla chips. Makes a lot.

Y'all shaddup. It's just a catchy name. Okay???

You always take these things so well. :lol:

32_1.JPG

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+Aug 22, 2004 11:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ Aug 22, 2004 11:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volstorm@Aug 22, 2004 12:53 AM
Need recipe for 7-layer dip.

7 Layer Dip
1 16-ounce can refried beans
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 large avocados
2 teaspoons grated onion
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
½ cup black olives, sliced

In a small bowl, mash the refried beans with a fork to soften and stir in the garlic and cumin. Thin the bean mixture, if necessary, with a little water, milk, or, preferably, sour cream. Spread the bean (dip) evenly on a large serving platter. Cut the avocados in half, lengthwise, and removing the seeds. Scoop the meat into a small bowl; mash with a fork and stir in the grated onion. Carefully spread the avocado (dip) onto the bean dip to within ½" of the edge of the bean dip.

Add the remaining layers one at a time, each to within ½" of the last layer, in this order: sour cream, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, green onions, tomatoes, and black olives. Whoops&#33; That’s 8 layers. Quick, eat a layer&#33; Serve with tortilla chips. Makes a lot. [/quote]
Man, that is some goooood stuff&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :good:

Originally posted by U&#045;T@Aug 22, 2004 6:08 PM
32_1.JPG

Speaking of JD..........has anyone tried the Jack Daniels Mesquite marinade in a bag??? Its a zip lock bag with the marinade already in it. I did chicken in it tonight for the second time. I love it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :good:

VN Store

Back