Team looked intense..defense hitting hard..

JohnnyBall

Ball, oskie, cover, block
60000 though? Enough propaganda..Jones doesn't need the PR. Machine pumping everything he does..he is the right man for the job...he might squeeze 7 or 8 out of this bunch if the freshman receivers can help.

Yup, defense will be much improved this year IMO. We will swarm to the ball and hopefully tackle much better. Add that to the fact that our players will actually know where they should be and what they should be doing, our D should be ok.

The bottom of the bowl was almost full. There were people in the boxes and maybe another 1000 who migrated to the upper level. Every bit of 60K there.

Reactions: 1 person
Yup, defense will be much improved this year IMO. We will swarm to the ball and hopefully tackle much better. Add that to the fact that our players will actually know where they should be and what they should be doing, our D should be ok.

Exactly. Everybody seemed to be lined up right and not looking around all confused like last year. That and the low number of missed tackles is a huge improvement.

I was glad to see Brian Randolph out there playing like nothing happened to him at all last year!! Coming back from an ACL tear like he had was encouraging for the whole team. You know he's worked hard to get back to football form. He had a very nice pass interception of Worley & a run back for 37 yards. I hope all TN players stay healthy & injury free for next season.

Reactions: 4 people
I was glad to see Brian Randolph out there playing like nothing happened to him at all last year!! Coming back from an ACL tear like he had was encouraging for the whole team. You know he's worked hard to get back to football form. He had a very nice pass interception of Worley & a run back for 37 yards. I hope all TN players stay healthy & injury free for next season.

If Randolph stays healthy I thing we are gonna see good thing from in the next couple years!

Every team will have injuries, but we were missing a lot of our key guys today. I hope Croom and Carter will have an impact at WR, and I believe they will. Tiny will definitely help on the front line, Maggitt should start again, and Downs could be useful. Also adding some more guys like Dobbs, North, and Ferguson will add depth and competition. Will be interesting to see if Butch can make anything happen this year with a lot of inexperience.

Reactions: 1 person
Stupid thread op is drunk.. the team u saw today couldn't win 1 game in the sec.. team has a long way to go before they r competitive .. cbj may be right guy but today everything displayed was average......

Maggitt was able to run on and off the field but he seems to still favor that leg pretty bad.I hope he recovers soon. Sapp played very well.

Stupid thread op is drunk.. the team u saw today couldn't win 1 game in the sec.. team has a long way to go before they r competitive .. cbj may be right guy but today everything displayed was average......

Did you expect something different?

Compared to last year that defense looked more......lets just say, enthusiastic.

The bottom of the bowl was almost full. There were people in the boxes and maybe another 1000 who migrated to the upper level. Every bit of 60K there.

I was in a box looking down..maybe 40..that isnt the point..the point is he doesnt need people pumping this BS out 24/7..he can do it without

I was in a box looking down..maybe 40..that isnt the point..the point is he doesnt need people pumping this BS out 24/7..he can do it without

Have no clue what your point is and I'm puzzled. Why did you quote the one guy when you posts briefly covers it and that wasn't your point of your post?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Guys...he was In a box so that makes him much more qualified to estimate how many were there than us proletariats.

So you don't like recruits to see what he's saying or what people are saying about him?..You do realize recruits feed off that stuff...So far its paying off...This publicity you hate so much is good for the program.

The guy who I went with asked me how many I thought were there. I guessed 40-50K before they gave the "official " attendance. There was an awful lot of 2 people stretched out in 3 seats. I noticed this when I was trying to find a seat. I had to work the morning, and barely made kickoff.

The guy who I went with asked me how many I thought were there. I guessed 40-50K before they gave the "official " attendance. There was an awful lot of 2 people stretched out in 3 seats. I noticed this when I was trying to find a seat. I had to work the morning, and barely made kickoff.

Cool story bro.

VN Store

Back