Tenn has a LEAK in FLORIDA

TBALLVOL

I read on another board that CJ Leak has been hired as some sort of a strength coach for the Gators per the Gainesville Sun. Not that CJ could tell them anything about TN's offense they don't already know , it's a bit un-nerving to have someone so familiar going over to the dark side.

Just be comforted by the fact that if a physical specimen like CJ Leak really knew all that much about the offense, he probably would have managed to not get beaten out by every QB that we had on campus last year. :ph34r:

Thats what happens when people cant make it at Tennessee. We shove them off to Florida.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Jul 7, 2005 10:07 AM
I read on another board that CJ Leak has been hired as some sort of a strength coach for the Gators per the Gainesville Sun. Not that CJ could tell them anything about TN's offense they don't already know , it's a bit un-nerving to have someone so familiar going over to the dark side.
[snapback]110912[/snapback]​

This can't be a problem. He could never tell them anything about our offensive system, he never learned it. :D

Originally posted by OldVol@Jul 7, 2005 1:54 PM
This can't be a problem. He could never tell them anything about our offensive system, he never learned it.  :D
[snapback]110972[/snapback]​

:dlol:

Just goes to show UF and Urban Meyer are nothing more than SCUM

I hope CJ does well wherever he goes. He really can't hurt us if he's at UF or anywhere else for that matter. He stuck to his plan and stayed at U.T. I wish him well because he persevered and finished.

And...we will kick the Gators' butts regardless of who they have in any position on their staff this year! GO VOLS!!!

Originally posted by Vol67@Jul 7, 2005 6:59 PM
[snapback]111066[/snapback]​

What? Whoa Trigger! Whats your beef with Meyer?

Why do you guys seem to hate C.J. Leak so much? I got no problem with him. I kinda wish he woulda stayed at Wake Forest though cause he actually woulda gotten to play.

Don't knock the guy. It was his farther and brother that ran their mouth. I also wish him well in whatever he may do. He could have made his situation into a problem but he didn't. Once again I believe his family gave him a bad rap.

While it doesn't mean a hill of beans, I have a problem with CJ going to Florida as a "strength" coach. What BS. I bet Fulmer and company appreciate someone who had FULL access to our playbooks, meetings, personnel, pretty much everything on UT's offense for a couple of years with an ear to the enemy.

The last time I hear the name Leak in the SEC will not be soon enough. I'm about sick of that family.

If you don't have a problem with this situation, you didn't sit through the losses to the gators in the 90's.

I sat through all of them, and attended a majority of those games. I really could care less. I'm glad CJ was able to get a job in football. Do I like the fact that he's a Gator now? No. Is it gonna be detrimental to our system? No. I mean, it's not like our playbook has changed much in the last 15 years. Hand signals and play calls change from year to year, and sometimes, game to game, but I am not worried about CJ being a snitch, or something of that nature.

Like OldVol said, he couldn't learn the playbook in his time in Knoxville, what makes you think he's gonna learn it any better, now? LOL

Thats interesting. I always liked C.J. Leak it was just his brother and dad who needed to shut there mouth. CJ was a very, very strong player who overcame alot but he should have stayed at Wake Forest where he would have been there star. He's just a sad story.

Originally posted by mattvols@Jul 8, 2005 3:06 AM
Thats interesting. I always liked C.J. Leak it was just his brother and dad who needed to shut there mouth. CJ was a very, very strong player who overcame alot but he should have stayed at Wake Forest where he would have been there star. He's just a sad story.
[snapback]111188[/snapback]​

I never saw or heard anything out of CJ to suggest he was anything but first class. Sure, I hate to see him go to Florida, but the man has his future to think about. If Tennessee had REALLY wanted CJ they could have sweetened the pot and kept him. Personally, I am glad to be rid of Curtis Leak. Now he can be ALL Gator and keep his mouth shut about us.

Originally posted by cookeville_vol@Jul 7, 2005 9:48 PM
Why do you guys seem to hate C.J. Leak so much? I got no problem with him. I kinda wish he woulda stayed at Wake Forest though cause he actually woulda gotten to play.
[snapback]111101[/snapback]​

Yes I'm with you about staying at WF. He would have had a much better chance to play and would have probably had a decent career there.

As far as him at UF, it was a good choice for him considering he'll have a chance to spend a couple yrs with his brother. I dont think many here would pass up that opportunity.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jul 8, 2005 9:20 AM
I never saw or heard anything out of CJ to suggest he was anything but first class. Sure, I hate to see him go to Florida, but the man has his future to think about. If Tennessee had REALLY wanted CJ they could have sweetened the pot and kept him. Personally, I am glad to be rid of Curtis Leak. Now he can be ALL Gator and keep his mouth shut about us.
[snapback]111213[/snapback]​

I wish him the best too, and I didn't mean anything negative towards C. J., but the fact is, he was very slow in learning the system. A 5 year senior who gets benched for true freshmen is really a sad ending to a disappointing career.

I still maintain that he won't be of much help to them as far as our playbook is concerned.

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Jul 8, 2005 11:24 AM

As far as him at UF, it was a good choice for him considering he'll have a chance to spend a couple yrs with his brother. I dont think many here would pass up that opportunity.

[snapback]111248[/snapback]​

Good point. I never had a problem with CJ. Good luck to him. However, it has to be admitted that UF hired him (at least in part) to get inside information about UT. All is fair...

Originally posted by volinbham@Jul 8, 2005 2:56 PM
Good point.  I never had a problem with CJ.  Good luck to him.  However, it has to be admitted that UF hired him (at least in part) to get inside information about UT.  All is fair...
[snapback]111296[/snapback]​

If thats the case then why would they hire him...seems he himself couldnt even grasp UT's offense! :dlol:

BTW, you do remember UT hiring UF's line coach a couple yrs ago..right? Hmm..maybe thats the reason UT has won 3 of the last 4?? :eek: Nah, UT just had a better team.

There is nothing to worry about with CJ going to work at UF. Like most of you had said, he doesn't know the playbook. Besides, didn't Zook already have our playbook? I'm sure that he left it behind.

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Jul 8, 2005 2:03 PM
If thats the case then why would they hire him...seems he himself couldnt even grasp UT's offense! :dlol:

BTW, you do remember UT hiring UF's line coach a couple yrs ago..right? Hmm..maybe thats the reason UT has won 3 of the last 4?? :eek: Nah, UT just had a better team.

[snapback]111301[/snapback]​

Absolutely!

Anyone with a VCR and some time on their hands can have our playbook. As for tendencies, a good spread sheet will do the same thing if you have the time to break it down. You don't think any of these college coaches do that stuff, huh?

These schools know each other's tendencies. All you have to do is look at Meyer's past to have a good idea of what he'll do. Same with Fulmer.

Whoever has the best game plan, executes, manages the clock, and has the fewest mistakes will not only win this game, but every game. There are rare exceptions to this rule.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jul 7, 2005 9:12 AM
Just be comforted by the fact that if a physical specimen like CJ Leak really knew all that much about the offense, he probably would have managed to not get beaten out by every QB that we had on campus last year.  :ph34r:
]All SEC

how so? because we hired a young man in need of employment who wanted to work with his brother??

hes familiar with sec football and knows a thing or too about our opponents....smells like a good hire. how does that make UF scum? scum is miami, scUM (get it?)

Originally posted by NCGatorBait@Jul 8, 2005 2:03 PM

[snapback]111301[/snapback]​

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with this tactic or that UT hasn't also done it.

Just saying that CJ was attractive to UF because he may be able to share some information in addition to his outstanding reputation as a strength coach :p

Hell, we probably would've given Danny W. a job!

UT and UF have had a history of this (Faxgate). As I said in the last post, all is fair...

Just saying that CJ was attractive to UF because he may be able to share some information in addition to his outstanding reputation as a strength coach

OR, the fact that he could spend time with his brother? Just a guess, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not? :rolleyes:

coaches move from team to team all the time, CJ bless his heart, he can give Meyer the heads up on how it feels to figure out that you're in over your head when you transfer to the SEC.

VN Store

Back