Sat Oct 26- BYE Week
Sat Nov 2- Kentucky
Sat Nov 9- Miss State
Sat Nov 16- @ UGA
Sat Nov 23- UTEP
Sat Nov 30- @ Vandy

Last edited:
Florida and Bama Back to Back at home is crazy
Florida in Neyland is a good tune-up for the Bama game. I think we handle the former no problem at home, and stand a chance against the latter.

Can we drop Alabama at some point?
That smells of cowardice. I want to play them every single year. Would love nothing more than to be the reason Saban retires still short of Bear Bryant's win record there. Heh.

Just a brutal stretch from Oklahoma to UGA. Maybe we luck out and get a bye before Florida at least and potentially before Georgia.
Might not be. There are gaps. Sep 28th, Oct 5th, and then Oct 26th, Nov 2nd, Nov 9th are all gaps that need to be filled. One or maybe two of them will be byes (two if the Vandy game is Nov 30th).

Plenty of SEC lightweights to soften the schedule up with: in addition to Vandy, there's Kentucky...Miss State...Arkansas...South Carolina...Auburn...and Mizzou, assuming they return to normal form.

What if the full schedule looks like this:

Sat Aug 31- UTC
Sat Sep 7- NC State (Charlotte)
Sat Sep 14- Kent State
Sat Sep 21- @ Oklahoma
Sat Sep 28 - bye
Sat, Oct 5 - @ Miss State

Sat Oct 12- Florida
Sat Oct 19- Alabama
Sat Oct 26th - Kentucky
Sat Nov 2 - Arkansas or South Carolina or Auburn
Sat Nov 9 - bye

Sat Nov 16- @ UGA
Sat Nov 23- UTEP
Sat Nov 30 - @ Vandy

See what I mean? Still tough games on the schedule, but not nearly as bunched together as the OP made them look.

Florida in Neyland is a good tune-up for the Bama game. I think we handle the former no problem at home, and stand a chance against the latter.

That smells of cowardice. I want to play them every single year. Would love nothing more than to be the reason Saban retires still short of Bear Bryant's win record there. Heh.

Might not be. There are gaps. Sep 28th, Oct 5th, and then Oct 26th, Nov 2nd, Nov 9th are all gaps that need to be filled. One or maybe two of them will be byes (two if the Vandy game is Nov 30th).

Plenty of SEC lightweights to soften the schedule up with: in addition to Vandy, there's Kentucky...Miss State...Arkansas...South Carolina...Auburn...and Mizzou, assuming they return to normal form.

Sat Aug 31- UTC
Sat Sep 14- Kent State
Sat Sep 21- @ Oklahoma
Sat Sep 28 - bye

Sat Oct 12- Florida
Sat Oct 19- Alabama
Sat Oct 26th - bye
Sat Nov 9 - Kentucky

Sat Nov 16- @ UGA
Sat Nov 23- UTEP
Sat Nov 9 - @ Vandy

See what I mean? Still tough games on the schedule, but not nearly as bunched together as the OP made them look.
Miss St is at home, Arkansas is a road game

Sat Aug 31- UTC
Sat Sep 14- Kent State
Sat Sep 21- @ Oklahoma
Sat Sep 28 - bye

Sat Oct 12- Florida
Sat Oct 19- Alabama
Sat Oct 26th - Kentucky
Sat Nov 9 - bye

Sat Nov 16- @ UGA
Sat Nov 23- UTEP
Sat Nov 9 - @ Vandy

Hopefully so. Would be nice to have a cupcake game or two in there to spread it out. Florida immediately followed by Bama is rough though, although to be fair our SEC schedule usually has at least one back-to-back like that.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I am already getting so sick of these money grabs. Just release the dadgum schedule. Why do we need to drop teasers every few days followed by a 5 hr ESPN special on it? All for money and eyeballs on 4 hrs and 45 mins of it being commercials. I know its a dead horse in other threads, but the love of the game and playing for the name on the front of the jersey is quickly fading. ***See NIL highest bidder & transfer portal***.

The one good thing I did hear was that every kickoff time is supposed to be released tomorrow as well. Don’t quote me on that, I may be wrong, but I swear I heard that or read that somewhere.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and b_gann
The one good thing I did hear was that every kickoff time is supposed to be released tomorrow as well. Don’t quote me on that, I may be wrong, but I swear I heard that or read that somewhere.
Why would they do this? They would want the premier matchups week to week based on records and rankings. This just equals ratings....

Why would they do this? They would want the premier matchups week to week based on records and rankings. This just equals ratings....
I think the thing I read stated something about it was the fact that now ESPN/ABC has exclusive SEC rights, they have more control over the times rather than when we were spread across CBS

With CBS out of the way, this should be a lot easier. But I would assume they take a Flex game approach like the NFL on some of the biggest games, so maybe they won't have the entire schedule. There are some hum dingers of some weekends. EX. TSIO is also the day Georgia goes to Austin iinm.

The schedule show is tomorrow night, but some things have leaked, I’ll fill in as they come.

Sat Aug 31- UTC
Sat Sep 14- Kent State
Sat Sep 21- @ Oklahoma
Sat Oct 12- Florida
Sat Oct 19- Alabama
Sat Nov 16- @ UGA
Sat Nov 23- UTEP

Heupel will want to bite the hand that once employed him when Tennessee visits Norman.

VN Store

Back