Tennessee always seems to have an upperclassman...

NighthawkVol

...who comes out of nowhere to have a big year. By "nowhere," I mean someone who has spent his career at UT biding his time as a backup, gets a chance, and makes a big developmental jump to have a big season. Tony mentioned after the Vandy series that those are his favorite kind of player...guys who stick around and develop.

Last year, there were three: Ortega, Lawson, and Lipscomb. This year, it's Hunter Ensley. I'm with Tony. Those guys are my favorite kind of player, which is why I think Ensley might be my favorite position player next year.

It'll be interesting to see who that guy (or guys) is in 2024. There are a few candidates: Kyle Booker, Charlie Taylor, Austin Jaslove, or Ethan Payne, to name a few. Maybe Logan Chambers. We'll need an infielder to step up if we don't get a big time portal guy. Payne and Jaslove will have an opportunity.

...who comes out of nowhere to have a big year. By "nowhere," I mean someone who has spent his career at UT biding his time as a backup, gets a chance, and makes a big developmental jump to have a big season. Tony mentioned after the Vandy series that those are his favorite kind of player...guys who stick around and develop.

Last year, there were three: Ortega, Lawson, and Lipscomb. This year, it's Hunter Ensley. I'm with Tony. Those guys are my favorite kind of player, which is why I think Ensley might be my favorite position player next year.

It'll be interesting to see who that guy (or guys) is in 2024. There are a few candidates: Kyle Booker, Charlie Taylor, Austin Jaslove, or Ethan Payne, to name a few. Maybe Logan Chambers. We'll need an infielder to step up if we don't get a big time portal guy. Payne and Jaslove will have an opportunity.
Hindsight: Miller. Dude is going to be a Monsta!

I think neal and Peterson said this wknd during the broadcast denton has a yr or 2 of eligibility left he wants to use it...could be wrong but I thought they said that

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hindsight: Miller. Dude is going to be a Monsta!

He is.

On the pitching side of things…

I was assuming early in the year that Halvorsen would be gone after this year. But now I’m wondering if he might come back given that he’s struggled some. He could be a weekend guy next year taking Dollander’s place so we could leave Burns in the pen, where he fits so well. Maybe he’s the upper classman with a breakthrough year as a pitcher.

VN Store

Back